windows emulators???

Post by Andy2 » Mon, 22 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Why is everyone saying www.winehq.com? I try to get to it and it doesn't
exist!!!

Quote:> All the below is true.  NTFS support in read mode is safe in write mode

it could get a little
Quote:> hairy.  Multi Processor support is there and as far as a windows emulator

goes I guess one would use
> "wine" but why?

> Patrick Lanphier
> Advanced Information Technologies
> The Pennsylvania State University

> > is there a windows emulator for linux?  and I heard that the latest
linux
> > kernal has both multiprocessor support, and ntfs support.  is this

true?

                    http://www.searchlinux.com

windows emulators???

Post by Jeff Goodma » Mon, 22 Nov 1999 04:00:00

> >Why is everyone saying www.winehq.com? I try to get to it and it
> >doesn't exist!!!
> Using multiple exclamation points makes you look like a child.

Presenting gratuitous and baseless opinons as if they were truisms makes
you look like a Linux user!!!

Jeff (childlike Linux user!!!)

windows emulators???

Post by Carl Fi » Tue, 23 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>Why is everyone saying www.winehq.com? I try to get to it and it doesn't
>exist!!!

Using multiple exclamation points makes you look like a child.

It exists, but it's unreliable and often hard to reach.  If you try a
few times, you'll eventually get through.  Yes, it should be better,
but wine is a volunteer effort.

You might want to read the newsgroup comp.emulators.ms-windows.wine,
another major resource for the project.  (I'm not associated with the
project except to wish them well and occasionally try wine.)
--

"This fool wishes to reverse the entire science of astronomy."
        -Martin Luther on Copernicus' theory that the Earth orbits the sun

windows emulators???

Post by Steve Carte » Wed, 24 Nov 1999 04:00:00

:>
:> >Why is everyone saying www.winehq.com? I try to get to it and it
:> >doesn't exist!!!
:> ...
:> Using multiple exclamation points makes you look like a child.
:> ...

: Presenting gratuitous and baseless opinons as if they were truisms makes
: you look like a Linux user!!!

: Jeff (childlike Linux user!!!)

Me too!!!!!!!!

--- but seriously, the poster might _be_ a child.  No rules keeping 12 year
olds out of this NG are there?

--
No advertising to this address thanks. (uh-huh)
Opinions Expressed are not necessarily my own, let alone those of my employer.

1. X windows emulator

Can anyone give me a recommendation for a good "cheap" xterm package for
Win95. I need to run Sun's Config tool (sitting on a 450) from a Win95
laptop. This is an occasional use so I don't need an industrial strength
solution.

Thanks,
Mickey Wehmeyer
ECS Integrated Technology
Remove the 'nospam' from my email address

2. Processes hang in get_request_wait (2.4.18-19-7.xbigmem)

3. WINE (WINdows Emulator) Frequently Asked Questions

4. Mysql installation failure

5. best windows emulator

6. Anyone with a Zeos Ambra??

7. Seeking X-Windows emulator

8. rksh

9. Are there Windows emulators for Linux?

10. Wanted: MSDOS X-Windows Emulator

11. Windows emulator?

12. x-windows emulator ??

13. Status of MS Windows emulators on Solaris (Sparc) ?