Maximum resolution that linux support

Post by fagrsp » Mon, 03 Jul 1995 04:00:00

I am going to buy 4 MB VRAM card with 1600x1280 resolution monitor.
But I worry that linux may not support that resolution.
Please let me know what video cards that linux support that 1600x1280
and what brand of monitor that linux support to display 1600x1280.
--
THANKS,
fagrspf

Post by Jon M. Tayl » Tue, 04 Jul 1995 04:00:00

>I am going to buy 4 MB VRAM card with 1600x1280 resolution monitor.
>But I worry that linux may not support that resolution.
>Please let me know what video cards that linux support that 1600x1280
>and what brand of monitor that linux support to display 1600x1280.

        Yes.  AFAIK, if there exists an XFree86 server for your card, you
can run at any resolution, color depth, refresh rates, etc. that your card
will support.  4 MB cards are also supported.

--
* "For something that has spread with all the forethought of kudzu, the *