Repost: Trade my Red Hat 4.0 For Slackware 96

Repost: Trade my Red Hat 4.0 For Slackware 96

Post by Sea » Wed, 19 Feb 1997 04:00:00

I have brand new Red Hat Linux 4.0 - Ordered in January,
brand new, in box, I have opened the box and looked
at the book. Includes a pretty good manual,
2 CDs and boot diskettes. Ready to register
(Card included - not registered yet)

Would like to trade for recent Slackware 96 4 cd set,

Interested?

Post by Brian Kimbal » Mon, 24 Feb 1997 04:00:00

> I have brand new Red Hat Linux 4.0 - Ordered in January,
> brand new, in box, I have opened the box and looked
> at the book. Includes a pretty good manual,
> 2 CDs and boot diskettes. Ready to register
> (Card included - not registered yet)

> Would like to trade for recent Slackware 96 4 cd set,

!!  Why?  From what I heard, Slack96 is very old (sep96) and doesn't get
updated with security patches like RedHat does.  Furthermore, since you
have the box set you also have the MetroX commercial X server ($99
value) and a few other commercial goodies.

Have you tried redhat yet?  If not, I suggest you do before you give
such a valuable thing away.

        brian