linux with autologin and setting up a mp3 box

linux with autologin and setting up a mp3 box

Post by Andre Oliveira Di » Wed, 18 Aug 1999 04:00:00

hi!

I am trying to build a computer justo to play mp3.
First I was trying to rip things from it keeping the minimum
necessary:

here is what  William told me:
"
1) kernel with sound
1a) lilo or something to boot with -- optional for floppies
2) init
3) /lib, /bin, /etc, /dev (at least ttys, media devices, audio and
dsp)
4) a shell
5) mp3 player and any libs it has

Statically link your shell, /bin and the mp3 to get rid of /lib, if
desired.  There is a shell with much of /bin builtin, called sash I
believe.
"

Also I would like to autologin as a defined user and the execute a
shell. Also what could we rip from the boot sequence (S69inet, Sxxx,
etc etc).

thanks for any answer.

p.s. please send any thread by email too.