Looking for code/libraries to interpret HTML

Post by Juergen Hein » Sat, 11 Mar 2000 04:00:00

>hi

>i'm looking for any freely distributable code or any libraries i can use
>to interpret HTML documents. Ideally, something where i can pass
>the HTML as input, and have the code generate the output without me

[...]
What code ? HTML *is* the code.
[...]

Post by me » Sun, 12 Mar 2000 04:00:00

hi

i'm looking for any freely distributable code or any libraries i can use
to interpret HTML documents. Ideally, something where i can pass
the HTML as input, and have the code generate the output without me
having to do much.....or something of the sort.

the code/libraries must preferably be for C/C++ but java/perl are OK as
well.

know of anything?
ali

Looking for code/libraries to interpret HTML

Post by me » Sun, 12 Mar 2000 04:00:00

> >hi

> >i'm looking for any freely distributable code or any libraries i can use
> >to interpret HTML documents. Ideally, something where i can pass
> >the HTML as input, and have the code generate the output without me
> [...]
> What code ? HTML *is* the code.
> [...]

what i mean is:

suppose i have a HTML document. i want some C/C++ code that's able to
interpret the HTML code and give me some nice output, kinda like what a web
browser does. But......i'm writing a little program....and i need it to be
able to interpret HTML docs.....so....is there any C/C++ libraries or
something that i can use?

ali

Post by Juergen Hein » Sun, 12 Mar 2000 04:00:00

>> >hi

>> >i'm looking for any freely distributable code or any libraries i can use
>> >to interpret HTML documents. Ideally, something where i can pass
>> >the HTML as input, and have the code generate the output without me
>> [...]
>> What code ? HTML *is* the code.
>> [...]

>what i mean is:

>suppose i have a HTML document. i want some C/C++ code that's able to
>interpret the HTML code and give me some nice output, kinda like what a web
>browser does. But......i'm writing a little program....and i need it to be
>able to interpret HTML docs.....so....is there any C/C++ libraries or
>something that i can use?

Some nice output as ... what ... graphics, text, PDF, PS, FAX, ...

Since the HTML grammer is not that complicated writing a lexer / parser
combo is going to be the easy task, but after that you are in big trouble.

Now there is the w3c lib, although I am not sure right now regarding its
licence (!!) or take a look at some simple browser like links. It is a text
browser and very handy to view HTML text on a text terminal.

For Java there was a HTML applet already at the time I last bothered about
Java; commercial IIRC. It really depends on what kind of output device you're
having in mind; HTML itself is childs play compared to that.

A real mini browser is XmHTML, a Motif Widget to view, well, HTML documents,
e.g. for a builtin help function.

Cheers,
Juergen

--
\ Real name     : Jrgen Heinzl                 \       no flames      /

Looking for code/libraries to interpret HTML

Post by glen vajcne » Mon, 13 Mar 2000 04:00:00

You may want to check out http://www.hwaci.com/sw/tkhtml/ . it's hooks to Tcl
progs can display html stuff. This may or may not help, but it's worth a shot..

cheers

glen

> >> [...]
> >> What code ? HTML *is* the code.
> >> [...]

> >what i mean is:

> >suppose i have a HTML document. i want some C/C++ code that's able to
> >interpret the HTML code and give me some nice output, kinda like what a web
> >browser does. But......i'm writing a little program....and i need it to be
> >able to interpret HTML docs.....so....is there any C/C++ libraries or
> >something that i can use?

> Some nice output as ... what ... graphics, text, PDF, PS, FAX, ...

> Since the HTML grammer is not that complicated writing a lexer / parser
> combo is going to be the easy task, but after that you are in big trouble.

> Now there is the w3c lib, although I am not sure right now regarding its
> licence (!!) or take a look at some simple browser like links. It is a text
> browser and very handy to view HTML text on a text terminal.

> For Java there was a HTML applet already at the time I last bothered about
> Java; commercial IIRC. It really depends on what kind of output device you're
> having in mind; HTML itself is childs play compared to that.

> A real mini browser is XmHTML, a Motif Widget to view, well, HTML documents,
> e.g. for a builtin help function.

> Cheers,
> Juergen

> --
> \ Real name     : Jrgen Heinzl                 \       no flames      /

Looking for code/libraries to interpret HTML

Post by Douglas Moye » Mon, 13 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Well, I think I may be able to give you some USEFULL advice. check out
http://www.w3.org I remeber seeing a mention of freely avaliable www
libraries. Also, you will find the OFFICIAL HTML spec on that site, along
with source code to  Amaya- a web brouser, and Arena - a web broser (not a
very good one).

> hi

> i'm looking for any freely distributable code or any libraries i can use
> to interpret HTML documents. Ideally, something where i can pass
> the HTML as input, and have the code generate the output without me
> having to do much.....or something of the sort.

> the code/libraries must preferably be for C/C++ but java/perl are OK as
> well.

> know of anything?
> ali

1. .PHP file opens as for download instead of interpreting to HTML

I've upgraded on Mandrake 8.1 to apache 1.3.22 and php 4.1.0 rpms.
Finally it worked but i can't open .php files normally, the browsers prompts
"Open/Save" box..

"AddType application/x-httpd-php .php" is in httpd.conf
tried with Action application/x-httpd-php "/usr/bin/php", even more weird
effect..

Maybe some LoadModule ?...

Please help..

2. boot prompt options

3. How to interpret the return code from pclose() or system().

4. Display card trouble and suggestions - please help.....

5. Interpreting terminal control codes

6. Serial Port Manager

7. interpreting error codes from vi

8. Controlling user telnet/login on UNIX box

9. Print files have formatting codes, Interpret?

10. interpreting vi error codes

11. Library dependencies coded into the libraries?

12. JSP pages corrupted with HTML source code

13. Netscape showing html code from cgi script (Apache Server)