Scanner on Linux

Post by Wei Ya » Tue, 01 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

does anybody know whether there is a scanner how to for linux? i would like
to use a hp scanjet 4c under linux but i didn't find any document for it.

thanks,

-- wei yang

1. ocr linux scanner: ocr support for linux scanners?

 I'm looking for a scanner/OCR combination for linux.

I don't want to spend a bundle.
http://www.buzzard.org.uk/jonathan/scanners-usb.html

I know that vividata ocr shop can be used with linux.
http://www.vividata.com/scanshop.html

But the scanners they support seem only to be high end, and most of
them I can't even find prices for. (maybe they are out of date).

Does anyone have experiences with running ocr shop on linux? Are there
any open source ocr attempts? rj

--

Technical Writer
Austin, TX 78758

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

2. KDE

3. CFD: LINUX SCANNER FAQ (Re: Linux and scanners)

4. Seattle Area FreeBSD Users Group

5. Scanner driver for Epson scanner

6. Default X server

7. Add Epson Perfection 1640SU scanner to scanner.c

8. automatic ppp dialin?

9. System Security Scanner & Internet Security Scanner

10. Scanner Driver for EPSON Scanners

11. Scanner software for a AGFA DuoScan scanner

12. trust scanner / debian / xsane : "scanner not found" parport0: FIFO is stuck

13. Mustek 600II scsi scanner - supported in Linux or any application in Linux / X windows?