Manrdake 9.0 Install

Post by Lieut_Dat » Fri, 01 Nov 2002 09:46:57

Hitting the partition setup, I find myself stuck

I have a single HD, two partitions: 1 36.5gb fat 32 (windows), 1 760mb fat
32

Im looking to install Mandrake to the 760mb (I know its small, but I only
want to try it out for a while)

Problem is, even after going through the tutorials on the Mandrake site, I
can't figure out what to push and what to setup... each step I perform in
fear because Im afraid I might format the whole thing...

Any suggestions?

Thankyou!

Manrdake 9.0 Install

Post by fast » Fri, 01 Nov 2002 15:45:26

> Hitting the partition setup, I find myself stuck

> I have a single HD, two partitions: 1 36.5gb fat 32 (windows), 1 760mb fat
> 32

> Im looking to install Mandrake to the 760mb (I know its small, but I only
> want to try it out for a while)

> Problem is, even after going through the tutorials on the Mandrake site, I
> can't figure out what to push and what to setup... each step I perform in
> fear because Im afraid I might format the whole thing...

> Any suggestions?

> Thankyou!

You will be needing to use twice as much for a Mandrake install, with swap
included for a minimum system to play with. If you MUST use only 760MB,
better to go with something along the lines of Vector or another similarily
small distro.
--
Microsoft is not the answer, it is the question. The answer is NO

Manrdake 9.0 Install

Post by Chris Gordon-Smit » Sat, 02 Nov 2002 05:16:13

I'm not sure what Mandrake 9.0 is like, but I recently installed Mandrake
8.2, including KDE and Gnome, (but without much else) in a 750 Mb partition.

Chris Gordon-Smith
London UK

>> Hitting the partition setup, I find myself stuck

>> I have a single HD, two partitions: 1 36.5gb fat 32 (windows), 1 760mb
>> fat 32

>> Im looking to install Mandrake to the 760mb (I know its small, but I only
>> want to try it out for a while)

>> Problem is, even after going through the tutorials on the Mandrake site,
>> I can't figure out what to push and what to setup... each step I perform
>> in fear because Im afraid I might format the whole thing...

>> Any suggestions?

>> Thankyou!
> You will be needing to use twice as much for a Mandrake install, with swap
> included for a minimum system to play with. If you MUST use only 760MB,
> better to go with something along the lines of Vector or another
> similarily small distro.

1. Wireless under Redhat 9.0 and Slackware 9.0

As are most others in the Linux community, I'm tired of jacking around
with hardware vendors who refuse to support their products with Linux
drivers.  I have an Intel Pro 2100 in my Toshiba laptop and D-Link Air
Extreme in my desktop both of which have no drivers (not that I can find
at least) for operation under Linux.  Does anybody have a suggestion for
replacement of these dogs.  I know there are some out there but I would
be grateful for any personal satisfaction testaments for any wireless NICs.
Thanks.

Weltini

2. ATI PCI 264GT support

3. How to install java on RH 9.0 ?

4. 2.4.20 Modprobe setting of eth0,eth1 does not seem to work

5. Mandrake 9.0 Package install/uninstall from the internet

6. Top 10 subjects comp.unix.shell

7. Truncated-ip

8. upgrade/install to Mandrake 9.0 failed (fatal error: no hdlist1.cz found)

9. Mandrake 9.0 install on ASUS P4B533-E

10. Mandrake 9.0 Install Hangs

11. Installing RH 9.0 on a USB HDD

12. Suse 9.0 Pro installs fine on Athlon-64 3000