Procmail/Fetchmail/Qmail

Post by pga.. » Sat, 21 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I have a couple of pop accounts on different servers.  I'd like to use
fetchmail to download my mail, and procmail to sort it into different
folders for each account.  I'm using mutt to read my mail.  I've
written a .fetchmailrc file and a .procmailrc file, but they didn't
work.  Here they are:

--- ~/.fetchmailrc:
poll garnet.acns.fsu.edu protocol pop3:
  username pbg1854
  password mypassword

poll xi.cs.fsu.edu protocol pop3:
  username gavin
  password mypassword2

--- end

PATH="/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin"

DEFAULT="$MAILDIR/mbox"
LOGFILE="$MAILDIR/log"
--- end

PATH="/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin"

DEFAULT="$MAILDIR/mbox"
LOGFILE="$MAILDIR/log"
--- end

Thus, mail downloaded from my account on garnet.acns.fsu.edu will be

Eventually, I would like to put mail from mailing lists into
~/Mail/<account-email-address>/<listname>/mbox, but once I get this
basic setup working, I'll be able to do that myself.  I think I've got
this right, but when I try to read my mail using mutt, mutt tells me
(essentially) that it can't read the mailbox file.

Could someone help me out?

Thanks,
Peter Gavin