TCP/IP won't go past domain

Post by Theodore E. Ston » Sun, 21 Apr 1996 04:00:00

I've been running Linux 1.2.3 flawlessly for about four months.  A few
weeks ago, my system stopped sending TCP/IP packets outside the campus
domain, though it works perfectly inside the campus domain.  For example
I can FTP, telnet and ping to other machines on campus, but I can no
longer FTP to a site off campus.  It's bizarre.  Any ideas?

Cheers, Theo

Dr. Theodore E. Stone, Director of Learning Technologies
University of Maryland School of Nursing
655 West Lombard Street, Baltimore, Maryland  21201-1579
(410) 706-0465

http://www.nursing.ab.umd.edu/tstone

1. TCP/IP won't go past domain

I've been running Linux 1.2.3 flawlessly for about four months.  A few
weeks ago, my system stopped sending TCP/IP packets outside the campus
domain, though it works perfectly inside the campus domain.  For example
I can FTP, telnet and ping to other machines on campus, but I can no
longer FTP to a site off campus.  It's bizarre.  Any ideas?

Cheers, Theo

Dr. Theodore E. Stone, Director of Learning Technologies
University of Maryland School of Nursing
655 West Lombard Street, Baltimore, Maryland  21201-1579
(410) 706-0465

http://www.nursing.ab.umd.edu/tstone

2. Netscape Java crashes

3. SLS X wants tcp/ip, tcp/ip won't compile, what now?

4. CAN'T ROUTE FROM THE WORLD, Please HELP!

5. TCP/IP: FIN_WAIT_1 and CLOSING won't go away?

6. krb-based NFS between realms ?

7. Sparc 20 won't go past POST?

8. Question on fork(), exec(), kill()

9. The TCP Connections that won't go away

10. TCP/IP experts...what's going on?

11. Linux 2000 TCP/IP - can't get going

12. TCP/IP in Windows 2000 Domain, can't even ping.