How can I get these simple things ??

Post by fruz » Sat, 04 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Hi there!!

Thank you for speending your time reading my message. Well, first of all sorry
for my English because I am writing from Spain and English is not my tongue
language. Anyway these are my questions:

I use to work with X-Windows and in a lot of programs I cannot make very simple
things like:

- When I push 'del' button I get the same answer like if I push 'backspace'
  button and it shouldn't, should it?

- I cannot display the ASCII table' simbols. i.e. ALT+200 , ALT+126 , and so
on.
  How can I get these simbols ??

Thanks in advance and I'm looking forward to hearing the answers.

Yours, Fernando Ruza.

1. Need help for a so simple thing...

Hi,

I've recive my Sparc and need your help for a simple setting :
the DNS server.

I've create /etc/resolv.conf with
nameserver = 205.151.222.250

I can use nslookup : he will ask the DNS server and receive
the corresponding IP address. But when I try any other tools like
ping or netscape, no one can solve a name in IP address.

ping www.yahoo.com --> unknown host
nslookup www.yahoo.com --> 204.71.200.74
ping 204.71.200.74 --> 204.71.200.74 is alive

I've Solaris 7.

Thanks for your help

Jacques Bourdeau

2. "Unknown DHCP problem.. No allocation possible"

3. Doing simple things with AIX PS/2

4. Contex A0 scanner makes me feel ugly :(

5. not a programmer but need simple ? thing done

6. Help Me - Apache & Linux

7. sound, sox and things that should be simple

8. linux-2.4.6-pre6: numerous dep_{bool,tristate} $CONFIG_ARCH_xxx bugs

9. related simple thing

10. IPChains - What simple thing am I missing?

11. neaten some simple scripts...{new to these things}

12. Success with getting things to work in FreeBSD 4.5

13. NEED HELP GETTING RID OF GRUB/ALL THINGS LINUX