Looking for an appointments scheduler rolodex kindof program for X

Looking for an appointments scheduler rolodex kindof program for X

Post by Mike A. Harri » Tue, 14 Jan 1997 04:00:00



I'm looking for a program (or group of programs either as a package or
separate entities) which will allow me to store and retrieve phone
numbers,
fax numbers, data phone numbers, contact names and addresses, etc in a
data
base form.  Also, I'd like to have an appointment scheduler program (not
unlike Shedule+).  Preferably I'd like the programs to be integrated
into
a suite.  The more functionality the better.  However I don't want any
programs that have been known to crash!  (The only app that gets away
with
crashing on my system is Netscrape).

So if anyone knows of such a program (or program suite), please let me
know.
Please respond via email if possible.

--
Mike A. Harris                          
http://www3.sympatico.ca/mharris
My dynamic address:    
http://www3.sympatico.ca/mharris/ip-address.html


The Ultimate: Linux 2.0.27, DOSemu, 4DOS 5.50c, DJGPP 2.01, Borland C
3.1

 
 
 

Looking for an appointments scheduler rolodex kindof program for X

Post by brian moo » Wed, 15 Jan 1997 04:00:00




Quote:> I'm looking for a program (or group of programs either as a package or
> separate entities) which will allow me to store and retrieve phone
> numbers,
> fax numbers, data phone numbers, contact names and addresses, etc in a
> data
> base form.

Sounds like 'addressbook', a nice little tcl/tk program available on
sunsite.

Quote:> Also, I'd like to have an appointment scheduler program (not
> unlike Shedule+).

Look at ical, another nice little tcl/tk program.

Quote:> Preferably I'd like the programs to be integrated
> into
> a suite.  The more functionality the better.  However I don't want any
> programs that have been known to crash!  (The only app that gets away
> with
> crashing on my system is Netscrape).

Grab tkdesk and you have a whole pile of things with a consistent UI
and shared libraries make it a small footprint. :)

I like all three.  tkdesk especially.

--
Brian Moore                      The opinions expressed above are my own, not
Sysadmin, C/Perl Hacker          necesarily my employers'.