Q: Howto: 1) Add/Del user, 2) Alias user address?

Q: Howto: 1) Add/Del user, 2) Alias user address?

Post by g.. » Thu, 05 Sep 1996 04:00:00

I have two simple questions:
1) How to add/delete a user automatically
   The Slackware has an adduser, which allows to add user interactively.
   But there is no deluser.  Also, I couldnt find man page for adduser.
   Are these available somewhere?
2) How to alias a user's E-mail address
   Suppose a user's login name is white and E-mail address is

   (SLIP connection, mail, pine are used.)

Post by Geoff Sho » Thu, 12 Sep 1996 04:00:00

: 1) How to add/delete a user automatically
:    The Slackware has an adduser, which allows to add user interactively.
:    But there is no deluser.  Also, I couldnt find man page for adduser.

Deleting a user is not so straightforward, hence the lack of a command.
There is guidance at http://kipper.york.ac.uk/rmuser.html.
As far as I know there is no adduser man page, since there are no
options etc you can give it!

        Geoff

can't identify with that kind of work ethic. http://kipper.york.ac.uk/~geoff

1. Q: Howto: 1) Add/Del user, 2) Alias user address?

I have two simple questions:
1) How to add/delete a user automatically
   The Slackware has an adduser, which allows to add user interactively.
   But there is no deluser.  Also, I couldnt find man page for adduser.
   Are these available somewhere?
2) How to alias a user's E-mail address
   Suppose a user's login name is white and E-mail address is

   (SLIP connection, mail, pine are used.)

2. for help about login linux by rs232 serial port

3. HOWTO - add new group & del user

4. Leafnode

5. Limit Child Process

6. Add user that can add users?

7. Is backing store swapping possible?

8. How to add/del users in NIS+?

9. pw user(add/del) weirdness

10. user{add,mod,del}

11. Add/Mod/Del users programatic interface for Linux?

12. mail user aliasing from existing user