Forwarding Mail on PPP

Post by Don Mahuri » Mon, 30 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Hi all,

I want to set up my internet account to forward mail to the Dynamic
IP(my linux box) when I am connected.

My ISP runs Linux also.

I wrote a perl script to figure out my Dynamic IP, and can telnet at
that IP to verify that it is me.

loop, and there is a local configuration error, and gives up.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Don Mahurin

Forwarding Mail on PPP

Post by William Juli » Tue, 31 Dec 1996 04:00:00

[Posted and mailed]

> Hi all,

> I want to set up my internet account to forward mail to the Dynamic
> IP(my linux box) when I am connected.

> My ISP runs Linux also.

> I wrote a perl script to figure out my Dynamic IP, and can telnet at
> that IP to verify that it is me.

> loop, and there is a local configuration error, and gives up.

> Anyone know how to fix this?

> Don Mahurin

You are better off letting your mail queue up on your ISP and use
fetchmail to pull the mail down via the pop protocol when you are
connected. Fetchmail can work in daemon mode, and can be setup
in your rc.local to run all the time. You can find fetchmail on
sunsite at: pub/Linux/./Incoming/fetchmail-2.5.tar.gz

--
         _,'|            _.-''``-...___..--';
        /, \'.      _..-' ,      ,--...--'''

  __...--''     __...--_..'  .;.'  http://www.catmanor.com/moonbeam/
 (,__....----'''      (,..--''
 vi is my shepherd; i shall not font.

1. mail forwarding problem with ".forward" file

I have a question about adding the ".forward" file in my unix user
directory.

I 'd like all incoming mails forwarded to another address temporarily whilst
I am away but I also want the machine to keep a copy of it for reference
when I return. Does anyone know how to do this? Normally I just put the
forwarding email address in the .forward file but it won't keep a copy of
it.

Thanks.

---
Benny K C Lo
PhD Candidate
Cancer Research Laboratories
University of Nottingham
Nottingham NG7 2RD, UK

2. correct use of test and files?

3. mail forward problem in RH71 with procmail or .forward

4. TV Tuners under X

5. .forward file: possible to forward and also keep mail?

6. anyone running Linux on Toshiba Satellite Pro 46x CDX?

7. Forwarding mail via .forward -- how to?

8. Linux BUG: Memory Leak

9. mail forwarding undr SCO mmdf - mailing lists?

10. mail forwarding ..duplicate mails..

11. forwarding using mail -F protocol (or how to setup a local mailing list).

12. How do I delete mail from mail file /var/mail/su after reading mails

13. PPP and PPP and PPP and PPP and PPP and HEADACHE