CA LUG ISO Speakers!

Post by William Kendri » Tue, 08 Jun 1999 04:00:00

LUGOD, the Linux User Group of Davis < http://www.lugod.org/ > is in
search of interesting speakers from the Linux world.

If you are, or will be, in the Davis, California (near Sacramento) area
and would like to drop by one of our meetings and demo something you
or your company has done in the Linux world, or simply wish to talk about
Linux in general, please drop us a note:

Our meetings are rather informal, and often include dinner.  Meetings
usually last from 6:30pm to 8:30pm.  Your presentation need not be longer
than 45 minutes, and we can follow it up with a 15-30 minute
questions-and-answers session.

Thank you!

-bill!

http://www.lugod.org/

1. LUG Talk Wishlist - Need speakers! (Davis, CA)

LUGOD, the Linux Users' Group of Davis, located near Sacramento, California,
is in need of speakers for upcoming meetings.

Our group meets on the 1st Tues and 3rd Mon of each month at 6:30pm in
Davis, California.  Our February 19th meeting (and those beyond) are
currently topicless.  (See: http://www.lugod.org/meeting/upcoming/ for
an up-to-date list of scheduled topics.)

We are currently quite interested in talks on the following subjects
(see: http://www.lugod.org/meeting/wishlist/ for an up-to-date list):

  Compiler Design
  Linux vs. Other Unixes
  Linux vs. Windows
  Linux's memory utilization
  The POSIX Standard
  Using autoconf/automake
  Setting up sendmail/smail/qmail
  VMWare / Win4Lin / WINE demonstrations
  Using MySQL
  Gnutella
  PHP
  CVS
  Kernel Hacking
  Functional Programming (LISP, ML, etc.) under Linux

Of course, any topic is welcome!  (For a list of previous meetings'
topics, see:  http://www.lugod.org/meeting/past/ )

If you're interested in speaking at a LUGOD meeting, please contact me

LUGOD is a non-profit organization.  Unfortunately, we currently cannot
afford to pay for airfare or room-and-board for our speakers.
However, if you're located near the San Francisco Bay Area, we're only
a few hours away! :)

Thanks in advance.

-bill!

http://www.lugod.org/

2. Toshiba 315 CDS notebook ?

3. Speakers or LUGs near Peterborough, ON, CA?

4. Much better framebuffer fixes.

5. ISO ISO ISO ISO HELP

6. A RDBMS for SCO ?

7. LUG: Speakers needed in Northern California

8. ping question

9. LUG in Davis looking for speakers

11. LUG: Looking for speakers