rpm database problem

Post by cryptma » Mon, 18 Mar 2002 05:59:37

this just happened yesterday .. I am on redhat 7.2.  I am still being able
to erease or upgrade rpm package .. but it seems like there's something
wrong with the rpm database ... I don't know what the prob is or how to fix
it. Please help

error: package galeon is not installed
rpmdb: First overflow page 1808 has a prev_pgno
rpmdb: Overflow item incomplete on page 2446
rpmdb: Overflow item incomplete on page 2424
rpmdb: First overflow page 2428 has a prev_pgno
rpmdb: Overflow item incomplete on page 2428
error: db3 error(-30985) from db->verify: DB_VERIFY_BAD: Database
verification failed

.
.
error: rpmdb: damaged header instance #487 retrieved, skipping.
error: rpmdb: damaged header instance #491 retrieved, skipping.
error: rpmdb: damaged header instance #622 retrieved, skipping.

rpm database problem

Post by ynotsso » Mon, 18 Mar 2002 06:21:28

Quote:

> this just happened yesterday .. I am on redhat 7.2.  I am still being able
> to erease or upgrade rpm package .. but it seems like there's something
> wrong with the rpm database ... I don't know what the prob is or how to fix
> it. Please help

[...]

Did you perform an "rpm --rebuilddb"?

          tony

rpm database problem

Post by Shi Ji » Mon, 18 Mar 2002 06:19:36

Same problem with me.
I tried
rpm --rebuilddb
And it worked.
Good luck

> this just happened yesterday .. I am on redhat 7.2.  I am still being
> able to erease or upgrade rpm package .. but it seems like there's
> something wrong with the rpm database ... I don't know what the prob is
> or how to fix it. Please help

> error: package galeon is not installed rpmdb: First overflow page 1808
> has a prev_pgno rpmdb: Overflow item incomplete on page 2446 rpmdb:
> Overflow item incomplete on page 2424 rpmdb: First overflow page 2428
> has a prev_pgno rpmdb: Overflow item incomplete on page 2428 error: db3
> error(-30985) from db->verify: DB_VERIFY_BAD: Database verification
> failed

> .
> error: rpmdb: damaged header instance #487 retrieved, skipping. error:
> rpmdb: damaged header instance #491 retrieved, skipping. error: rpmdb:
> damaged header instance #622 retrieved, skipping.

1. Mandrake 6.0 -- rpm database problem

How can one repair a corrupt rpm database ? Problem is if I use, e.g,
"rpm -q foo"
I got a "segmentation fault" as answer. This for all installed rpm's.
The same occurs for other rpm options like -e -v . Installing of new rpm
is also no longer possible. I've tried to reinstall (upgrade) the whole
mandrake 6.0 but the install program exit at "scanning packages" point
with a error 11. Under KDE the "package manager" simply exit if I ask to
install or delete a *.rpm file.

Thanks for any help

Eugene

2. S: *special* TV-out

3. rpm database problem

4. : NIHCL under Solaris ?

5. RPM Database problem

6. whereis info on AnotherLevel/FVWM2? Is it Buggy?

7. rpm database problems solved

8. Help with variable substitution in ksh

9. RPM database problems.

10. Recovering the /var/lib/rpm RPM database?

11. Incorporating RPM into RPM "database (depot?)"

12. RPM-database & non-rpm packages

13. Redhat 5.0 Upgrade Problem: No RPM database exists!