<None>

Post by simmonr5.. » Mon, 11 Jul 1994 13:30:02

does anyone know a good program to clean viruses on linus systems (uhh make
that linuX)

thanks
 rob

<None>

Post by Shannon Hendr » Tue, 12 Jul 1994 11:52:02

: does anyone know a good program to clean viruses on linus systems (uhh make
: that linuX)

What virii are you talking about?

: thanks
:  rob

--
csh

1. <None>

        comp.sys.ibm.pc, comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc

Subject: Unix on a PC.

Sender: Rob Payne <repayne>

Date: Mon, 20 Jul 92 15:58:15 EDT

I am sorry if this goes to one or more of the wrong places.

I am looking for a version of Unix that will run on a PC (probably
486/50 or so, but it would be nice if it ran on a 386sx for the time
being.)  I was wondering what versions are out there and what comes
with each?  If you have used some of these versions, one or more, and
have a good idea of what they will do, please let me know what your
thoughts on this are.  Things that I am looking for specifically:

        Space constraints aren't TOO important but I don't necessarily
want anything that is going to take gig's to set up.
        Support for X-windows would be very nice.  (my system will
have SVGA so I guess SVGA-X support would be nice.)
        What does anyone know of GNU portage, do GNU products port to
the DOS versions of UNIX?  This would be especially nice.

        Anything else that you can think of, let me know. (things I
could check into, products that I should avoid, etc.)

                          Thanks in advance.

                                 -Rob

2. KDE 3.0.3 File Config ?

3. ATTN:PATRICK DE ZOETE--was:Where is the Solaris download link for i386?

4. <none>

5. phone for unix?

6. cntrl-alt-del in X (disable?)

7. <None>