Problems with configuration of agfa snapscan touch scanner

Problems with configuration of agfa snapscan touch scanner

Post by Henri Biro » Sun, 27 Oct 2002 18:42:24

Can somebody explain me how to configure correctly my agfa snapscan touch
usb scanner with a redhat 7.3 installation. I read some howto's but so far
did not succeed to make the scanner work even though the sane-find-scanner
finds the scanner as follows :

sane-find-scanner: found USB scanner (vendor = 0x06bd, product = 0x0100) at
device /dev/usb/scanner0

I installed as recommended the latest sane environment without success.
The linux kernel version I currently use is 2.4.18.3. Redhat provides with
an upgrade to 2.4.18.10 but I didn't install it because otherwise the
module I found to make my via chipset work (via 97) won't work because I
only found the module compiled and optimised for the .3 kernel.

Any hint to make the scanner operational is welcome

Thanks,

Henri

Post by mjt » Mon, 28 Oct 2002 02:05:16

> Can somebody explain me how to configure correctly my agfa snapscan touch
> usb scanner with a redhat 7.3 installation. I read some howto's but so far
> did not succeed to make the scanner work even though the sane-find-scanner
> finds the scanner as follows :

> sane-find-scanner: found USB scanner (vendor = 0x06bd, product = 0x0100)
> at device /dev/usb/scanner0

... have you been here?: http://www.mostang.com/sane/
you might also try: http://www.google.com/linux using the search
string {"agfa snapscan" redhat}  ... be sure to use the quotes
as shown

Post by Henri Biro » Mon, 28 Oct 2002 22:02:31

>> Can somebody explain me how to configure correctly my agfa snapscan touch
>> usb scanner with a redhat 7.3 installation. I read some howto's but so
>> far did not succeed to make the scanner work even though the
>> sane-find-scanner finds the scanner as follows :

>> sane-find-scanner: found USB scanner (vendor = 0x06bd, product = 0x0100)
>> at device /dev/usb/scanner0

> ... have you been here?: http://www.mostang.com/sane/
> you might also try: http://www.google.com/linux using the search
> string {"agfa snapscan" redhat}  ... be sure to use the quotes
> as shown

Thanks for your help. I found articles about the snapscan touch using the
HP3xxx chipset and how to configure it correctly. Now it works.