Netscape mailrule

Post by L.V.Gandh » Thu, 13 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I am using Netscape in RHL6.1.
My mailrule file exists in .netscape dir. Still When I
select
edit|message filters I get blank and I get a msg box
saying
warning:null child passed to XtManageChildren.
After clicking OK, If I set new rules, it is not shown
again in the
dialog.
This happens on and off. What to do?
--
L.V.Gandhi
MECON, 5th Floor, RTC Complex, Visakhapatnam AP 530020 INDIA

 Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
 Before you buy.

1. Ipchains mailrule problem

This is the setup on an educational institution:

                            dmz:10.1.0.0/16  ----- (planned: mail, www)
  inet-----10.0.0.0/16 firewall 10.2.0.0/16  ----- internal servers
            mail, www           10.3.0.0/16  ----- sparesegment
                                10.10.0.0/16 ----- administration
                                10.11.0.0/16 ----- teachers
                                10.12.0.0/16 ----- students
                                10.13.0.0/16 ----- students

I'm about wrapping up rules, so mail and www is still located outside
the firewall. Yes, they will be moved indoors as soon as possible ;-
I have a problem accessing mail via simap using rules like these:

ipchains -A input -p tcp -s 0/0 -d $PRIVATENET simap -b -j ACCEPT
ipchains -A input -p udp -s 0/0 -d $PRIVATENET simap -b -j ACCEPT

$PRIVATENET is 10.0.0.0/16, and is supposed to mean all internal
segments behind the firewall.

I guess my problem is that $PRIVATENET will actually refer to the
internet connection, and hence the above simap rules won't allow the
internal segments access to the mailserver located on the internet
segment.
If so, I should rename internal segments to ie. 10.10.11.0/16 and
10.10.12.00/16, meaning that $PRIVATENET should be 10.10.0.0/16, right?

BTW, I'm not sure if the rules should have the -b flag, and if they
should look at SYN, ie. have the ! -y flag.

--
Regards,
           Mr Dev - Mogens Valentin

OpenSource Security - Networking - Programming

2. apache+ssl-1.3.27.1.48_2

3. Non Netscape Proxy between Netscape Commerce Server & Netscape Browser

4. SMC-EtherPower + Linux Installation?

5. Netscape has detected a /root/.netscape/lock file????

6. sxpc with Term

7. Netscape 4.7 vs. Netscape 6.2 BASE URL PATH on a apache 1.3.26 server

8. AIX file size max on copy?

9. netscape 4 and netscape from faststart living together

10. Netscape for X and Netscape for Win95 share cache?

11. problem Netscape Communicator 4.03 not running but netscape 3.04 is running

12. Netscape 4.77 *after* Netscape 6.01 ?!

13. Where to get Netscape Commicator for Solaris othe than Netscape itself?