"floppy0: WARNING disk change called early" meaning?

"floppy0: WARNING disk change called early" meaning?

Post by Andrew Lea » Mon, 02 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Hello,

I recently upgraded Linux from an old (circa 1.0.9 kernel) Slackware
distribution to a RedHat 3.0.3 distribution (with kernel upgraded to
2.0.15).  When I mounted a flopy, I kept getting the following errors
whenever there was any activity on the floppy:

        floppy0: WARNING disk change called early

When copying onto or readying from a floppy this message would appear
several hundred times, though I was able to read and write to the
floppy with no problem.  I've looked through the Documentation
subdirectory in the kernel source tree and the README.fd file in the
block subdirectory of the source tree, but I still don't know what
causes this (aside from knowing where in floppy.c the message is
called from) or how to fix it.

Any advice/explanations/fixes would be appreciated. Thanks.

Andrew Leahy

"floppy0: WARNING disk change called early" meaning?

Post by Alain Kna » Mon, 02 Sep 1996 04:00:00

:Hello,
:
:I recently upgraded Linux from an old (circa 1.0.9 kernel) Slackware
:distribution to a RedHat 3.0.3 distribution (with kernel upgraded to
:2.0.15).  When I mounted a flopy, I kept getting the following errors
:whenever there was any activity on the floppy:
:
:       floppy0: WARNING disk change called early

 This bug has been fixed in 2.0.16

--
 Linux - Why use Windows, since there is a door?

 Alain