bjc-80 printer and ghostscript 5.10

Post by Keith Groga » Fri, 11 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Printer woes...

I have a Thinkpad 365 with both Win95 and Linux installed, and I
recently bought a BJC-80.
The printer works fine under Windows, and as far as printing postscript
files in Windows goes,
the Ghostscript bjc600 printer driver does the trick. That is, until I
try to print a postscript file that
contains dashed lines. This is a listed bug at the Ghostscript home
page, and a post 5.10 patch
has been released to fix it. Unfortunately I don't have a C compiler on
my machine - so I'm
stuck with the problem (the workarounds listed at the web site do me no
good). So first
question: Does anyone know of a source where I can obtain patched
binaries for Windows Ghostscript 5.10?

One solution should be to just print the files under Linux: I do have
the patched Ghostscript
.rpm distribution. Unfortunately the bjc600 driver doesn't work at all
under Linux with the
printer (naturally). Nor do any of the other drivers seem to work. So a
second question:
does anyone have any experience getting this printer going under Linux
Ghostscript? Any
help will be much appreciated.

(Don't even get me started on trying to get my infrared port running
under Linux...:-)

Thanks,
Keith Grogan

1. portable Canon BJC-70, BJC-50,BJC-80 printers

I'm looking for a portable printer (i.e. small for notebook) that I can
use off of Linux.  I was about to get the HP 340 which apparently
is supported by some Ghostscript driver, when I found out that
the Canon printers are even smaller and the BJC-70 is supported
by Ghostscript as well.  However, it looks like the latest portable
printers from Canon are the BJC-50 and the BJC-80.  Does anyone know
if these printers can be made to work on Linux as well?

I looked at the printer page http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/printer.html
but that page is almost 3 months old and it's no wonder that these
new printers don't appear.

Andrew

2. Tekram SCSI troubles

3. Setup Canon BJC-80 printer

4. Solaris 2.5.1 intermittant tcp non-respose

5. Canon BJC-80

6. SUNOS rmount to ULTRIX disks

7. printer canon bjc 80 print problem

8. Q: Search Robot

9. kernel: 80 80 80 80

10. lilo L 80 80 80 80.....

11. I need help for Ghostscript 5.10 & Epson printer ....

12. LILO & SCSI - L 80 80 80?

13. Lilo gives me an "L 80 80 80"