graphical performance monitor

Post by Bill Jone » Mon, 15 Feb 1999 04:00:00

What graphical performance monitors are available for Linux?  I'd like
something like the Windows 95/98 System Monitor.  Also, is there some kind
of monitor to indicate a PPP connection is alive, like the one in the
Windows system tray?  Thanks.

<remove 7of9 for e-mail replies>

--
Bill Jones                 e-mail addresses:

(860) 437-5650     WWW:  http://pages.cthome.net/billj

graphical performance monitor

Post by Matthias Wark » Tue, 16 Feb 1999 04:00:00

It was the Sun, 14 Feb 1999 18:06:00 -0500...

Quote:> What graphical performance monitors are available for Linux?  I'd like
> something like the Windows 95/98 System Monitor.

There's always plain old-fashioned top. There's tload.
For X11, there are xload, glload, qps, gtop, and various load monitor
applets for various window managers as well as for KDE and Gnome.

Quote:> Also, is there some kind
> of monitor to indicate a PPP connection is alive, like the one in the
> Windows system tray?  Thanks.

Again, there are a couple different apps to do this, the nicest ones
are probably the Gnome panel applets (modemlights and dialer).

mawa
--
Check out the Frequently Rehashed Topics on comp.os.linux.advocacy!

Post by Bob Hau » Thu, 18 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> What graphical performance monitors are available for Linux?

Try xosview.

Quote:> of monitor to indicate a PPP connection is alive, like the one in the
> Windows system tray?  Thanks.

KDE has one of those.

--
 Bob Hauck, Software Engineer - Will program for food.

Post by Tim Traino » Thu, 18 Feb 1999 04:00:00

> What graphical performance monitors are available for Linux?  I'd like
> something like the Windows 95/98 System Monitor.  Also, is there some kind
> of monitor to indicate a PPP connection is alive, like the one in the
> Windows system tray?  Thanks.

There is something better! have a look at

http://windowmaker.mezaway.org/dockapps/dockapps.html

These were designed for the WindowMaker/AfterStep dock (wharf), but they
should work with any window manager.
Wmmon shows CPU load, Memory usage, and Disk I/O.
Wmppp is particularly nice, because it has not only those flashing tx/rx
lights, but it will launch your ppp scripts, and has a graph of your
throughput.