dBase compatible database?

Post by John Beckwit » Tue, 27 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I'm looking for a database that will import my dbase files or that will
accept some file format that dBase will export to.

I'm not a database guru, I'm not on a network, not even sure what SQL
is. I have a couple database files with lookup tables and simple
relationships that I would like to use with a native linux product.  I
tried postgress and several others but they are way above my head.  I
tried grok but there seems to be no simple way of importing my exsisting
data.

My needs are not very complex, can anyone suggest a suitable program?

dBase compatible database?

Post by k.. » Wed, 28 Oct 1998 04:00:00

: I'm looking for a database that will import my dbase files or that will
: accept some file format that dBase will export to.

: I'm not a database guru, I'm not on a network, not even sure what SQL
: is. I have a couple database files with lookup tables and simple
: relationships that I would like to use with a native linux product.  I
: tried postgress and several others but they are way above my head.  I
: tried grok but there seems to be no simple way of importing my exsisting
: data.

: My needs are not very complex, can anyone suggest a suitable program?

maybe that helps:

Date: 27 Oct 1998 08:55:43 GMT

Quote:> I'm looking for a database that will import my dbase files or that will
> accept some file format that dBase will export to.

Look at FlagShip, which is a compiler for xBASE code (Clipper, dBase, Fox)
and available for all major Unix platforms (and of course also Linux).
Free test drive is on http://www.fship.com/

Paul
---
Paul Berger, FlagShip support

http://www.fship.com

1. dBASE-compatible library - WHERE?

I've seen reference to a dBASE compatible library somewhere (a free
one, that is!).  Could someone remind me where it is?  I can't seem
to find it.

Please e-Mail me directly rather than via the group.

Thanks,

Karl

Vitrociset S.p.A.                               Tel   : +(49) 6151 902041
European Space Agency                           Fax   : +(49) 6151 904041

2. Us - Robotics modem

3. access/dbase compatible db??

4. Cable modem and email

5. Database file from DBase III

6. Need help with awk statement

7. PCI-Herc video working???

8. Need dBase III+ clone (not just library to read databases) for Linux

9. Is there a database for dbase-files?

10. Need advice on new Linux/*BSD-compatible hardware (and Linux Hardware Database is gone)

11. DataBase Under Linux - compatible with Xenix ?

12. web compatible database