ppp using diplogin

Post by CyberTr » Thu, 12 Oct 1995 04:00:00

I got this error message when I tried to setup a PPP Server using the
diplogin :

DIP : do_ppp (pppd) : No such file or directory

I have the file pppd in my /usr/lib/ppp . I have cp the files to /sbin,
/bin and chmod 777 to it, and still does not help . Anyone knows exactly
wat is wrong ? CSLIP with diplogin works "fine" to a certain extent, cos
I cannot get the SLIP dial-in to recognise and talk to each other...8(...
Think anyone can help or offer any suggestions ? Please email if you do.
TIA !

--
CHEW YU CHOU
DISCS, Faculty of Science

ppp using diplogin

Post by Dion Marsha » Sat, 14 Oct 1995 04:00:00

> I got this error message when I tried to setup a PPP Server using the
> diplogin :

> DIP : do_ppp (pppd) : No such file or directory

> I have the file pppd in my /usr/lib/ppp . I have cp the files to /sbin,
> /bin and chmod 777 to it, and still does not help . Anyone knows exactly
> wat is wrong ? CSLIP with diplogin works "fine" to a certain extent, cos
> I cannot get the SLIP dial-in to recognise and talk to each other...8(...
> Think anyone can help or offer any suggestions ? Please email if you do.
> TIA !

> --
> CHEW YU CHOU
> DISCS, Faculty of Science
> Tel (Home) : 3452196                       Internet Address :

Yep, I just happened to have run into this last night.  DIP is looking for
pppd in /usr/sbin (hope I remembered that right.)  If I'm wrong about the
directory, the correct directory is listed in one of the header files of
the DIP source.

Dion

1. using diplogin, but no entry shows in route table ???

i'm working on setting up my computer as a slip server using dip and diplogin 337n.

i can dial in and login with the slip account, and on the remote machine i get
the response that i've connected successfully, but i'm unable to telnet anywhere
(i don't get errors, it just kinda sits there).

back on the host machine, ps shows dip (###.##.###.###), but if i type in route, the
table shows no entry for the slip line (it has three entries: localnet, loopback,
and default).

all the documentation i've read says that dip creates the entry in the routing table
automaticaly???

i'm running kernel 1.3.45.

thanks in advance

derek

--
http://www.cs.colostate.edu/~hayes/

2. generalized spin_lock_bit

3. diplogin and PPP

4. Home network question...Cable/BSD/Linksys-CBL/DSL Router

5. PPP and PPP and PPP and PPP and PPP and HEADACHE

6. Where is the multiple netcard howto?

7. cannot print using lpr without PPP connection using Caldera (Red Hat)

8. How to test to see if a grep is successful in Korn shell

9. VPN using ppp+ssh question (ppp-2.3.5 does not support pty)

10. ppp - connecting using ppp protocol

11. Using Linux as a gateway to the internet (using ppp) for win95

12. PPP/ARP routing problem: using a PPP remote address inside an Ethernet subnet

13. Using SUNlink PPP 3.0.1 (Solstice PPP 3.0.1)