How to get user's login record?

Post by Chi-Jang Hua » Sun, 07 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

    Is there any way to see a user's last login record on a system
    where "wtmp" and "utmp" is reset everyday?  Any suggestion is
    highly appreciated.

    --Chijang Huang.
==========================

1. Login without login getting recorded into last login file

Is there anyway to login to an account 'as a normal user' without your
login getting recorded into the last login file.

I know that this is a binary file and no one could re-write it. Moreover,
I know that .hushlogin file could also be created in /etc and that would
tell the system not to record the current login, but you would have to be
GOD (root) to be able to create that file in /etc

So, I would appreciate any assistance that anyone could offer on this
matter.

**     WILLIAM GHORISHI                                           **
**     DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE, UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO      **

**     URL          :   http://www.scar.utoronto.ca/~93ghoris/    **
**     BELIEF       :   "GOD IS REAL, UNLESS CAST TO AN INTEGER!" **

2. PPP Stuff.

3. Getting users to show up 'on console' with xdm logins under Solaris 2.5

4. IP masquerading w/Linux & Indy

5. How to get a user's last login record?

6. Seeking Authors for Unix Programming Shell How To, earn $$ or royalty

7. how to trace users' login and logout records

8. Problem with Philips TEA5767HN

9. 'failed running login shell' no non-root user login possible

10. getting users login name after login from server

11. Kill 'Old' User Process on Login of Same User

12. The 'last' command doesn't record users logout

13. Being able to record the original login id of an anonymous FTP user.....