Where might I find a restricted shell for Linux

Where might I find a restricted shell for Linux

Post by a » Thu, 07 Mar 1996 04:00:00

I am looking for a shell that will not allow the user to cd
out of his home directory. Does anyone know where I might
obtain such a shell?

        Thanks in advance.
                Art Garza

1. restricted shell/restricting login

A while ago I posted a question about how to restrict logins to our
ultrix systems.  Someone sent me a C or shell script which I'm
embarassed to say I've misplaced.  I think is was called "syslogin".
Please re-send it to me, whoever you are (were).

Here's the problem I wish to solve:

What I want to do is split the modem pool into 2 numbers - one for
students and one for faculty/staff.

I want to the login procedure to check which terminal server a connection
is coming from.  The procedure should then check the account and see if that
account is entitled to connect from that terminal server...if so,
then continue normally, if not then print a message like "Please dial
the number xxx-xxxx".

We have DEC terminal servers (I don't wish to use lat groups) and
Ultrix 4.2a.

I'm certain I'm not re-inventing the wheel here.  Any comments, suggestions
and pointers are most welcome.

Thanks in advance...
-

Trent University Computing & Telecommunications  tel: (705)748-1540
Peterborough, Ontario, Canada, K9J 7B8           fax: (705)748-1246

2. PPP problem: pppd-2.2 vs. pppd-2.3

3. Where to find restricted shell

4. help dailup network

5. restricted shell or restricted access

6. Small "Internet Server"?!?

7. restricted shell - not so restrict

8. Web-based e-mail ... What is the standard ?

9. Where to find restricted shell

10. Where can I find a restricted-shell (rsh)

11. rksh shell, how do i stop .profile from loading in restricted shell

12. Restricted Shell Script for Free Shell

13. Restricted shell for Linux??