Help in finding an all Redhat solution|Software and Manuals

Help in finding an all Redhat solution|Software and Manuals

Post by jpqu.. » Sun, 19 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Hello:

I am trying to come up with a full list of a all Redhat solution to
apply to 2 different machines and I need help in what software and
manuals I need to buy.  I need to order today.

1 machine will be used to be a standalone PC that will run as many
Redhat GUI and non GUI Client side apps through X and shell windows.

The other machine will be used as a all Redhat Intranet Web Server.

I think I need the Redhat Official release, it has everything to do the
above, but what about Applixware, is there anything I may beable to
benefit from that product?

What books/manuals should I get to accompany Redhat?  Whether Linux or
Redhat publications...

I have gone to Cheapbytes but cant seem to find enough information there
is answer ny questions.  I have been told by many out here that Redhat
is a real good answer to what I want to do.  I'm hoping those same
people can let me know what exactly I needed to order.

Thanks in advacne for any and all responses.

PS  Whats cheaper, Buy from Cheapbytes or Redhat direct?  Or should I
say better?

--
Jay Quinn             '62 Austin-Healey MKII Sprite
Systems Engineer

www.*ramp.net/~jpquinn

Post by Frank Sweets » Fri, 24 Jan 1997 04:00:00

: Hello:

: I am trying to come up with a full list of a all Redhat solution to
: apply to 2 different machines and I need help in what software and
: manuals I need to buy.  I need to order today.

: 1 machine will be used to be a standalone PC that will run as many
: Redhat GUI and non GUI Client side apps through X and shell windows.

: The other machine will be used as a all Redhat Intranet Web Server.

Well, exactly what application will you be running?

: I think I need the Redhat Official release, it has everything to do the
: above, but what about Applixware, is there anything I may beable to
: benefit from that product?

Depends.  Applixware is an integrated office environment, something
along the same lines as the office suite.  I've never used it, but
I've heard some people like it.

: What books/manuals should I get to accompany Redhat?  Whether Linux or
: Redhat publications...

If you get the official redhat distribution, you'll get the redhat
linux book.  Some other books to keep in mind are just about the
entire o'reilly line, depending on exactly what you want  to do with
teh system.  "Running Linux" by Matt Welsh is a  good book for getting
started also.

: I have gone to Cheapbytes but cant seem to find enough information there
: is answer ny questions.  I have been told by many out here that Redhat
: is a real good answer to what I want to do.  I'm hoping those same
: people can let me know what exactly I needed to order.

: PS  Whats cheaper, Buy from Cheapbytes or Redhat direct?  Or should I
: say better?

Try looking at redhat's web page, http://www.redhat.com   As for the
price, you can get a cheapo version of redhat from cheapbytes, but
you'll pay the same price at either place if you want to get the
offical support license.

                                        frank sweetser

Post by David M. Co » Mon, 27 Jan 1997 04:00:00

>: I think I need the Redhat Official release, it has everything to do the
>: above, but what about Applixware, is there anything I may beable to
>: benefit from that product?
>Depends.  Applixware is an integrated office environment, something
>along the same lines as the office suite.  I've never used it, but
>I've heard some people like it.

Just thought I'd mention that a Redhat Linux linux CD is included in the
Applixware package, so if you do buy the suite, you don't have to put out
extra money for the OS.

Dave Cook

1. FS Sun software, manuals, PROM updates, FE manuals & misc

I am posting this for a friend-please reply to him.  Thanks.
Bill

Here is a list of some of the SUN Microsystems software I have
forsale..NEW..
IN THE WRAPPER.

SUN 4U System Flash Prom Updates 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5    CD-Roms 1
ea.

Sparc Printer EC Netware Environment Floppies and Manuals...
......Floppies 1. Printer Driver and Utilities V1.0 702-4256-10
....2 & 3 Font Disks 1&2 Microsoft Windows Operating System  702-4257&
58-10
4. Printer Driver and Utilities for MAC System..    702-4259-10
5. SparcPrinter EC Novell Netware (Network Printer Utility for DOS)
702-4260-10

SUN Ultra 1 Creator Manuals & Solaris CD-Rom 2.5

SUN Ultra 1 Model 140 Manual set and CD-Rom

SUN ATM 1.0 Early Access CD-Rom and Manual

SUN ATM 2.0 CD-Rom and Manual

SUN Medical Center Software 1.0 CD-Rom and Manuals

Sparc Cluster PDB 1.0 System Software and Manuals

SUNFAST Ethernet Adapter 1.1 & Sbus Quad EthernetController .1.1
CD-ROM and Manual

SUNFAST Ethernet Adapter 2.0 CD-Rom and Manual

Ultra Enterprise 3000 H/W CD-Rom Answer Book and Manuals

Ultra Enterprise 6000, 5000, 4000 System  CD-Rom Answer Book and manuals

SPARCprinter EC Printer manager Software CD-Rom and Manuals

SPARCprinter E Printer manager Software CD-Rom and Manuals

SUN FE Manual (used) dated 11/15/92 Excellent Condition

SUN FE Manual (NEW out of Shrinkwrap) dated 2/21/95

SUN FE Manual (NEW) dated 2/23/96

SUN FE Manual (used) dated 5/28/93 Excellent condition

I also have numerous Manuals all new
I will sell all or part..let me know your offer.

Thanks,

John Archer

2. scsi_mod error on startup

3. New HOWTO....HOWTO-Hose-RedHat-Installation (help!)

4. Bandwith limitation

5. REDHAT 5.2 manual on *.pdf file where can I find it

6. Memory allocation error entering function

7. Where I can find macromedia flash plug-ins for Konqueror?

8. SuSE Linux Firewall on CD

9. Linux Cannot Find RedHat Software

10. Matrox Mystique ands X.

11. manual centralised authetication solution

12. Please HELP me find a solution

13. need help finding router solution