COREL WON'T SELL ME WORDPERFECT!

Post by G. Pollac » Sat, 20 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Okay, I downloaded the demo version of WordPerfect 7 for linux from
corel's web site and now I want to buy the program. I phoned the 800
number given in the README.eval file that's included in the demo
package, and they tell me that they don't sell any UNIX products! I next
called Corel's corporate offices in Ottawa, and was told the same thing.
I tried to explain that I've seen postings on newgroups from people who
have purchased this, but to no avail. So, if you have indeed purchased
WP7 for linux, would you please let me know where, when, and how?

Gerald Pollack
Department of Biology
McGill University
1205  Ave. Dr. Penfield
Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3A 1B1
voice: (514)398-6418 fax: (514)398-5069

COREL WON'T SELL ME WORDPERFECT!

Post by James A. Robins » Sat, 20 Jun 1998 04:00:00

On Fri, 19 Jun 1998 20:25:12 +0000, G. Pollack

> Okay, I downloaded the demo version of WordPerfect 7 for linux from
> corel's web site and now I want to buy the program. I phoned the 800
> number given in the README.eval file that's included in the demo
> package, and they tell me that they don't sell any UNIX products! I
> next called Corel's corporate offices in Ottawa, and was told the
> same thing.  I tried to explain that I've seen postings on newgroups
> from people who have purchased this, but to no avail. So, if you
> have indeed purchased WP7 for linux, would you please let me know
> where, when, and how?

It sounds like those folks have no clue.  You cay purchase WP For
Linux from SDC. URL: http://www.sdcorp.com/wplinux/orderlinux.html I
imagine SDC might want have a chat with the Corel folks and ask them
to please inform their sales staff about how to deal with Linux
inquiries...

Jim

--

Stanford University HighWire Press       - 650-723-7294 (W), 650-725-9335 (F)

COREL WON'T SELL ME WORDPERFECT!

Post by G. Pollac » Sat, 20 Jun 1998 04:00:00

If you've gotten to here, I apologize for wasting your time. Just after
posting the original message I found a link to www.sdcorp.com,  which in
turn had links to resellers. But you would have thought that Corel would
have been able to tell me this.

COREL WON'T SELL ME WORDPERFECT!

Post by Christopher Brow » Sun, 21 Jun 1998 04:00:00

On Fri, 19 Jun 1998 20:52:24 +0000, G. Pollack

>If you've gotten to here, I apologize for wasting your time. Just after
>posting the original message I found a link to www.sdcorp.com,  which in
>turn had links to resellers. But you would have thought that Corel would
>have been able to tell me this.

Sometimes large corporations wind up having a few too many
"pointy-haired" managers, and unfortunate levels of cluelessness
results.

You should know about Ottawa and general cluelessness :-).

(See: <http://www.veryComputer.com/~cbbrowne/canada.html> and
<http://www.veryComputer.com/~cbbrowne/texas.html> for bits of relevant
amu*t...)

That' to get to gcc, Emacs, and gdb.  Thank you." (By Vance Petree,
*ia Power)