Memory-problem on Compaq Prolinea

Post by Edwin Thomase » Tue, 16 Jan 1996 04:00:00

Hello !

Booting Linux 1.2.13 on a Compaq Proline Desktop with 32MB RAM Linux
reports the follwoing message executing "bios32_init":

bios32_init: BIOS32 Service Directory structure at 0x000fa000
bios32_init: entry in high memory, unable to access

Can anybody give me a hint on that problem?

Thank you!

1. Compaq Prolinea 575 problems with memory

Hi Mat,

The above 16MB memory is for faster networking, you should shut that down
in the kernel.  What you need to do is modify the /etc/lilo.conf, I will
attach my lilo.conf so you can take a look, after this is done run "lilo"
and reboot.

If you need to test it before making it final, at your lilo boot type
linux mem=24M, somtimes you have to put it a little lower then you
actually have.

--
Daniel Forsyth
Dataforge Canada

2. 3rd party 8mm tape drive doesn't work with 3.2.3

3. Can't see all of memory on Compaq Prolinea 575

4. 2.0.33 compile crashed, now I can't use my system?! Please help...

5. Compaq Prolinea 590 limited to 16 MB memory.

6. sete{u,g}id ?!?

7. Memory on Compaq Prolinea 5100 motherboard.

8. Internet Server running under Linux ?

9. Slackware 3.5 on Compaq ProLinea - Memory

10. Memory limit (16Mb) on Compaq Prolinea ?

11. Xconfig for Compaq Prolinea 4/50 & Compaq SVGA Monitor

12. Problem with adaptec AHA-2940 and Compaq Prolinea 575

13. Compaq Prolinea and SCSI install problem