environment variable

Post by g.. » Fri, 02 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Hi:

How can I create an environment variable on Linux

thanks.
gilbert

environment variable

Post by John Forko » Fri, 02 Aug 1996 04:00:00

: Hi:
: How can I create an environment variable on Linux
: thanks.
: gilbert
try
     export variable=value
from bash.

1. Why does the cgi environment not inherit environment variables?

When using apache it normally inherits the environment in which it was
started and keeps this environment for executing cgi scripts. For example:
if root has oracle environment variables such as ORACLE_SID set when
starting the server then these are normally available to cgi scripts when
they execute much like the path is. However sometimes and specifically this
time they are not. Could someone explain how this works? It seems to be
somewhat random to me. I've had situations where various instances of the
server had different paths than others.

I'm running apache 1.3.4 and apache 1.3.6 on solaris 2.7 with mod_perl 1.18
and 1.19 respectively.

Matt

2. Can I reference positional parameters this way?

3. how to export shell environment variables to the primary environment?

4. USB printing and redhat 7.3

5. c shell script; Howto use environement variables to build environment variables and take their value

6. help on writing printer filter?

7. Difference between shell variables and environment variables!

8. Weird file corruption (448 bytes): FS? RAM?

9. difference between shell variable and environment variable

10. How to get value of environment variable in variable name?

11. 2.x mod_ssl X.509 DN environment variable attributes

12. Cron Problem and Environment Variables

13. environment variable