mounting problem and real time kernel

Post by franco » Sat, 05 Apr 2003 19:30:04

Hi there

I have patched kernel 2.4.4 with rtlinux 3.1. to get hard real time capability.
The patch is the GPL version of RT Linux Pro by FSM labs. I know of the
patch reliability from people I know.

Running a real time module is fine but when shutting down the machine,
the hdd NEVER unmounts properly.

This problem only happens after running a real time module, i.e.
booting with the real time kernel and NOT using the real time capability
does NOT cause the hdd to unmount improperly.

Any ideas anyone ?

francois

Post by Russell Sha » Sat, 05 Apr 2003 20:30:00

> Hi there

> I have patched kernel 2.4.4 with rtlinux 3.1. to get hard real time capability.
> The patch is the GPL version of RT Linux Pro by FSM labs. I know of the
> patch reliability from people I know.

> Running a real time module is fine but when shutting down the machine,
> the hdd NEVER unmounts properly.

> This problem only happens after running a real time module, i.e.
> booting with the real time kernel and NOT using the real time capability
> does NOT cause the hdd to unmount improperly.

> Any ideas anyone ?

ps -ef
before and after running the real-time stuff to see if there's
any left over processes.

1. unmounting problem with real time kernel

Hi there

I have patched kernel 2.4.4 with rtlinux 3.1. to get hard real time
capability. The patch is the GPL version of RT Linux Pro by FSM labs.
I know of the
patch reliability from people I know.

Running a real time module is fine but when shutting down the machine,
the hdd NEVER unmounts properly.

This problem only happens after running a real time module, i.e.
booting with the real time kernel and NOT using the real time
capability
does NOT cause the hdd to unmount improperly.

Any ideas anyone?

francois

2. Ping works - Telnet doesn't

3. System time warping around real time problem - please help

4. Timezone for europe?

5. enable direct-to-BIO readahead for ext3

6. Real Time timing problem

7. Small Business Connectivity Solutions

8. Real/Non-real time communication over Ethernet?

9. Kernel swapping itself out ? (Real Time Support)

10. Linux real time kernel?

11. Linux 2.6 Kernel in Real-time Environment

12. Kernel bug? Real Time Clock Freezes