Where can I find libXm.so ?

Post by Roger Scudd » Fri, 13 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hello and thank you for your interest,

This question concerns Red Hat Linux 5.0 kernal 2.0.32 and Grasp.

 I am trying to run the Grasp editor, but it will not start because
it can not find libXm.so .   Any help would be appreciated.

*---------------------------------------------------*
* Roger C. Scudder Jr. - Professional Internet Hobo *
*---------------------------------------------------*

Where can I find libXm.so ?

Post by Jim Howe » Fri, 13 Nov 1998 04:00:00

> Hello and thank you for your interest,

> This question concerns Red Hat Linux 5.0 kernal 2.0.32 and Grasp.

>  I am trying to run the Grasp editor, but it will not start because
> it can not find libXm.so .   Any help would be appreciated.

libXm is the main library found in OSF/Motif  X WIndow System
applications.

There are several libraries about, with various levels of compatibility
with each other and applications.  Ones that spring to mind include
LessTIF, MooTif, and SWiM.  Many distributions cost real money and have
commercial-style licenses.

Jim

1. libXm.so.2 and libXm.so.0

After much time and effort ( and LOTS of help from this newsgroup) this
novice to Linux found the libraries mentioned above (libXm.so.1.2 here).
Perhaps I am wrong but these appear to be part of the X11 (XFree86 ?)
libraries. Well I thought that once I figured this out then everything
would be easy to fix. You see I want to try out LLNL-Xdir (ftp program)
which requires libXm.so.0 and Xacc (an accounting program) which require
libXm.so.2.0. I have a recent distribution (TurboLinux3.0) and I have
searched Sunsite and XFree86.org all to no avail.

Am I missing something here?

Once again I humbly ask for help from the collective intelligence ( ???)
of this newsgroup.

Regards,
Clif
Julie and Clif Caldwell               Sent from the beautiful
                                       Upstate of South Carolina
Sender of this note:

2. thanks for help from new linux convert

3. libXm.so.2 ? libXm.so.1.2 ??

4. SuSE 8.1

5. How to make lesstif libXm.so.0.81 acts as libXm.so.1.2

6. Special Situation Apache Startup

7. libXm.so.3 libXm.so.4

8. Problems with LPT`s

9. linking to libXm.so.1.2 instead of libXm.so.2.0

10. Mosaic: can't find library 'libXm.so.1'

11. Where to find libXm.so.1?

12. Can't find libXm.so.2

13. Where to find libXm.so.2 ?