Graphix accelerator for Trident Cyber9397

Graphix accelerator for Trident Cyber9397

Post by Sirron Davi » Tue, 26 May 1998 04:00:00

My laptop uses a Trident *9397 chip with 4MB memory.  This is the
same chip in the new IBM Thinkpads.

Currently I use the svga server for X windows, and the graphics look
excellent with 'depth 32', but the system is very slow. Moving or
resizing windows is a real chore.

Is there any XFree server which would use the accelerator that is built
into this chip ?

I sure would like to use the full capabilities of my machine while using
linux. (I really don't want to use Gates inc.)

Thanks for your help.

Sirron Davis