PLEASE help with my "BOOT" problem.

Post by Al Simc » Fri, 07 Jun 1996 04:00:00

I have been running Linux now for about a year, without any problems.
Today while in "X", I made a mistake and "shutdown", using the
following command_line, "shutdown -f now". I normally shutdown from
the console, NOT while in X. I do not know if this has caused the
problem.

Now when I try to boot Linux, it hangs half way through the boot
proccess. The last 2 lines that appear on the screen while booting
are:
         First datazone:68    Root inode number 139264
         ISO9660 Extensions:RRIP_1991A

Whether I boot from the Hard drive or from my Linux BOOT disk,
the proccess hangs at the same point.

My system profile is as follows:
Processor- 486 DX100
Memory- 24 megs
Distribution- Slackware 3.0
Kernel- 1.2.13
X- 3.1.2
S3 server- 3.1.2 E

I do not have a backup. Hopefully this can be fixed without loosing
everything.

Any help will be appreciated!

Al Simcoe
Al Simcoe                         E-MAIL:

Toronto, Ontrio, Canada           WWW >>> http://www.io.org/~alsimcoe