Colorized ls?

Post by Bill Hoga » Fri, 03 Mar 1995 10:29:05

[ Article crossposted from gnu.misc.discuss ]
[ Author was Frederick (Rick) A Niles ]
[ Posted on 25 Feb 1995 20:50:16 GMT ]

I have the Slackware dist. of fileutils3.9 and the ls has a '-o' and
colorization capabilities.  However, the offical 3.9 and the latest
version 3.12 don't have it, was this just a hack?  Who did it?  Where can
I get the source?
Will it ever become part of std. GNU fileutils release?

   Thanks,
   Rick Niles.

--

"3. Cease dependence on inspection to achieve quality. Eliminate the need
for inspection on a mass basis by building quality into the product in the

--

Colorized ls?

Post by Christofer David Chiap » Sat, 04 Mar 1995 00:45:43

: I have the Slackware dist. of fileutils3.9 and the ls has a '-o' and
: colorization capabilities.  However, the offical 3.9 and the latest
: version 3.12 don't have it, was this just a hack?  Who did it?  Where can
: I get the source?
: Will it ever become part of std. GNU fileutils release?
Look in the slackware_source directory of ftp.cdrom.com or
boris.infomagic.com and the colorls patch.  Alternatively, ftp it from my
machine, iloveryn.pc.cc.cmu.edu in /pub.

--

<HR>Click Below!!!     <A HREF="http://iloveryn.pc.cc.cmu.edu/"><HR><PRE>

|-|Linux|-=-|X-Files|-=-|Team OS/2|-=-| A: 9.8 Meters per second^2 Down |
      \-=-=-=-=-=-=-|Beautiful as always, Kathryn|-=-=-=-=-=-=-/ </PRE/A>

Colorized ls?

Post by Bill Hog » Sat, 04 Mar 1995 18:24:31

---------------------------- quote -----------------------------------

: : I have the Slackware dist. of fileutils3.9 and the ls has a '-o' and
: : colorization capabilities.  However, the offical 3.9 and the latest
: : version 3.12 don't have it, was this just a hack?  Who did it?  Where can
: : I get the source?
: : Will it ever become part of std. GNU fileutils release?
[...]
-------------------------- unquote ----------------------------------

  In fact, the words Mr Chiappa presents here as if they came from me are
not my words at all, but belong to the person who is asking the question
which I merely I cross-posted to comp.os.linux.misc, as follows:

[ Article crossposted from gnu.misc.discuss ]
[ Author was Frederick (Rick) A Niles ]
[ Posted on 25 Feb 1995 20:50:16 GMT ]

I have the Slackware dist. of fileutils3.9 and the ls has a '-o' and
colorization capabilities.  However, the offical 3.9 and the latest
version 3.12 don't have it, was this just a hack?  Who did it?  Where can
I get the source?
Will it ever become part of std. GNU fileutils release?

   Thanks,
   Rick Niles.
-------------------------- unquote ----------------------------------

---

1. Colorized ls wacked out?

I am in the middle of upgrading to ELF -- I just converted my A series
to Slackware v3.0  I have run across a really wierd problem when I use
'ls'  Does it not use /etc/DIR_COLORS for its display?  I got some
really wierd colors and they don't seem to change when I edit that
file. I have also tried .dir_colors in my own directory with no luck.
Am I out to lunch or has the default configuration migrated somewhere?

Thanks...

--
From Lifes little instruction book II
# 870 Remember that great love and

2. Mail - Full name expansion

3. Improved patch for colorizing ls output

4. 2 newbie question

5. how to colorize ls?

6. Questions - unknown hosts, CD-ROM device nodes, UUCP over TCP/IP

7. ncuses 1.9 -> ls does not colorize anymore!!

8. slow audio-cd burning

9. /usr/bin/ls /usr/ucb/ls /usr/local/bin/ls

10. colorized man pages

11. FTP keeps using /usr/bin/ls and not ~/ftp/bin/ls

12. Colorizing bash prompt

13. Colorized virtual terminals