Looking for Linux application to run USR Sportster VI modem

Looking for Linux application to run USR Sportster VI modem

Post by Martin Reill » Tue, 07 Jan 1997 04:00:00

I would like to find an application I can run under Linux to give me
the same (or similar) facilities as the QuickLink software bundled
with the Sportster VI modems that runs under Windows; i.e. VoiceMail
facilities, incoming fax reception, etc.

I've not been able to find anything using AltaVista or other search
facilities on the 'net - any suggestions, anyone?

Looking for Linux application to run USR Sportster VI modem

Post by Sean V. Cas » Mon, 13 Jan 1997 04:00:00

On Mon, 6 Jan 1997 16:35:27 GMT, Martin Reilly

>I would like to find an application I can run under Linux to give me
>the same (or similar) facilities as the QuickLink software bundled
>with the Sportster VI modems that runs under Windows; i.e. VoiceMail
>facilities, incoming fax reception, etc.

>I've not been able to find anything using AltaVista or other search
>facilities on the 'net - any suggestions, anyone?

mgetty+sendfax with vgetty is the ticket.  I'm using the distribution
w. a new ZyXEL voice, works very well - voice,data, and send/receive
fax.  Support for Sportster's voice is nearing completion; several
people are using the vgetty beta for the Sportster.

1. USR Sportster 128K ISDN Modem with Linux

Does anyone have any experience/suggestions with running a USR Sportster
ISDN 128K Modem with Linux?   Is this supported?

I understand that it has the built in NT-1, but I don't know enough
about the modems to understand if they bring up the connection
independantly (like a router) or if the kernel has to force the
connection to come up like a modem.

Any help would be appreciated.
Greg.

---

Greg Foster

http://www.asyx.com

2. HP 4M plus

3. USR Sportster modem, Win95, and Linux

4. bitkeeper / IDE cleanup

5. Vgetty & USR Sportster Vi help !

6. Linux for capitalists

7. Can't send fax with USR Sportster Vi 14.400 faxmodem

8. Which 10/100 aka Fast Ethernet Card ?

9. mgetty fax receive setup for USR Sportster Vi

10. Please help with USR Sportster Vi 14.400 faxmodem.

11. Looking for linux voice software for USR 28.8 Vi

12. Looking for driver for USR Sportster ISDN TA card

13. vgetty - modem not answering (Sportster Vi)