Where to find MPEG-1 layer 1,2,3 audio encoder?

Where to find MPEG-1 layer 1,2,3 audio encoder?

Post by Nikolaj Lyngbye Rasmuss » Mon, 04 Aug 1997 04:00:00

As subject says....

I haven't been able to find a free encoder for Linux
(it MUST exist, right?)

Somebody please throw a pointer in my direction.....

Sincerely
Nikolaj Lyngbye Rasmussen

Post by Bruce Lytl » Mon, 11 Aug 1997 04:00:00

> As subject says....

> I haven't been able to find a free encoder for Linux
> (it MUST exist, right?)

> Somebody please throw a pointer in my direction.....

> Sincerely
> Nikolaj Lyngbye Rasmussen

Check: http://www.mpeg.org they have some decoder/players etc. for linux
that do mpeg 1 and 2 plus some other goodies.

--
Is life so dear and peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of
chains and slavery?  Forbid it Almighty God!  I care not what course

1. MPEG [12] Layer 3 audio encoder

I am looking for the source for a freely distributable software MPEG 1 (or 2)
Layer 3 audio encoder.  I am aware of the Fraunhofer IIS encoder:

        http://www.iis.fhg.de/departs/amm/layer3/index.html

but it is neither freely distributable nor freely available in source
code form.

Do any other implementations of such compressors exist?
If so, I'd appreciate a pointer.

Cheers,

Basser Department of Computer Science           Phone:  +61-2-9351-3423/4
University of Sydney, N.S.W., 2006, AUSTRALIA   Fax:    +61-2-9351-3838

2. 2.2.1, SIGBUS, and SIGSEGV

3. MPEG-1 video/audio encoder/decoder for Linux (command line, redhat) needed!

4. Looking for cheap old AIX workstation

5. MPEG Audio encoder/decoder??

6. creating hostname

7. GPL'ed Audio MPEG encoder?

8. Trantor T160/T260 drivers available?

9. Linux Console (command line) MPEG-1 encoder/decoder help!

10. MPEG-I, Layer 2, audio decoders

11. Mpeg Audio Layer 3

12. avi to mpeg encoder

13. Mpeg encoder/decoder in C/C++