RH 9 desktop query

Post by Kerry Co » Sun, 13 Apr 2003 05:21:51

> Redhat 8 had modified the KDE desktop to look
> like Gnome.
> Does the 9 release still do this

Yes, and the KDE Menu Editor is finally fixed in RH 9 so you can customize
your menus again. It's cleaner and crisper than RH 8.
KJ

RH 9 desktop query

Post by Timothy Murph » Sun, 13 Apr 2003 06:59:01

> Redhat 8 had modified the KDE desktop to look
> like Gnome.

I believe you, but since I only use KDE under RedHat
I've no idea what KDE would look like otherwise.
What is the difference, as a matter of interest?

However, RedHat KDE looks perfectly alright to me,
so does it really matter?

--
Timothy Murphy

tel: +353-86-233 6090

RH 9 desktop query

Post by Markku Kolkk » Sun, 13 Apr 2003 18:22:27

> I believe you, but since I only use KDE under RedHat
> I've no idea what KDE would look like otherwise.
> What is the difference, as a matter of interest?

Go to the KDE control center, and change the "look and feel" to KDE defaults
instead of "Bluecurve".

--
        Markku Kolkka