Arrow key in gnome-terminal

Post by Sebasti » Wed, 19 Dec 2001 01:06:10

This is a newbie question.

For some reason my arrow key in a gnome-terminal does not work unless
I press it repetetivly.  So now to go to 5 caraters back I must push
the <- key 5 times instead of holding it down.

what should I do to fix this?

thanks

1. Use Windows key for Alt key in gnome-terminal

Since bash uses some Emacs keyboard commands, I'd like to use the same
keys in each. Currently, Emacs uses the Windows key on my natural
keyboard for Meta. That's good, because it's easier than the Alt key,
which is too close to the spacebar. But for the life of me (and I've
FAQ'ed, Deja'ed, and Alta'ed) I can't find out how to make
gnome-terminal use the Windows key instead of the Alt key for word
movement, e.g.

I'm rather gathering that gnome-terminal doesn't respect X mappings?

2. Apache Error 98: port in use on startup

3. gnome-terminal and PGUP key

4. xtract - what is it and where did it go?

5. Alt-arrow keys to create Virtual terminals?

6. please help...

7. Arrow keys in terminal emulator

8. Many Connection Attempts

9. Processing arrow keys, function keys, etc.

10. Distinquishing escape key from arrow and function keys

11. Redhat 8: cannot log out of gnome without running gnome-terminal!

12. Anyone using gnome-terminal under gnome?

13. Gnome Terminal and VT Function Keys