uugetty - Change login program?

Post by Bayline Compa » Thu, 18 May 1995 04:00:00

Does uugetty have any command line options to change the login
program executed?  I know  "agetty" has the -l option to do this.

Ashar
--

1. How to tell getty/uugetty to use another login program?

Hi.

I must start out by saying that I'm an experienced Linux
user/programmer, but haven't had much to do with SCO until recently.

I recently purchased SCO OpenServer 5 release 5.0.0b and am setting it
up to be a modem server. I already have a linux modem server, but due to
some new hardware we have to add a SCO machine to the Network. Obviously
this would create a problem tracking user accounts. One option is to use
NIS/NYS+ (yellow pages for the older people), but we are wanting to use
it with MS SQLServer. We found a way of doing this by using some tools
and writing custom login programs with C/C++. On Linux, I can tell
getty/uugetty to use a different login program, as apposed to /bin/login
(or whatever it is under SCO). I read the online manual page for getty,
but it didn't mention an option to allow for this. Under Linux
implementation of getty you use the option LOGIN=/your/login/program.

Is there a way to do this, or am I going to have to get source code to
getty and edit it to run my program? I hope not, as this is a PAIN!!!
Perhaps there is another tty program out there that can be used with SCO
instead.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Mike Berry-Porter

2. SuSE for PPC press release

3. Changing login graphic (was Re: Changing the login banner on Solaris 2.5

4. Linux programs

5. How to change the text that's displayed by the "login" program

6. rshd fails

7. Program to change password upon login

8. variables in aliases in bash

9. uugetty && dialup login:

10. modem problems - uugetty - login prompt not generated

11. login problems after tinkering with/etc/inittab & /etc/uugetty.

12. uugetty is too fast for login

13. login won't work with my uugetty setup ?