I have a samba printer. The printer is connected to Windows machine.
I have used lpd to print to it remotely. I have installed lprng. I
also use the lprngtool. It create a printcap definition for me.
However, whenever printing to it, it hangs. The job gets stuck in the
queue. It just says 27 percent done, and it stays at 27 percent. It
never changes and the jobs stay in the lpd directory.
I have a non-lprng queue that prints fine to samba. It does things I
don't like, so I got lprng. But the jobs never reach the Windows
machines using lprng. Thanks for any direction.
Filter_status: 27 percent done at 14:44:50.738
This is as far as it gets. All my passwords are usernames, machines,
and passwords are correct.