Hexdump: skip does not skip

Post by Nello So » Fri, 17 Jan 2003 07:48:01

Hi,

I have a slack 8.1;

why this ?

   $ hexdump -s 10 FILE
   hexdump: bad skip value

Thank you in advance.

  Nello

Hexdump: skip does not skip

Post by alex » Fri, 17 Jan 2003 10:11:37

Nello Sola shorted the keyboard with drool and:

Quote:> why this ?

>    $ hexdump -s 10 FILE
>    hexdump: bad skip value

Works fine here, with whatever version comes with Debian Woody.

alexd

--
http://alexd.mine.nu/   AIM:troffasky
Knives and guns are dangerous,

1. WHy does up2date skip package NOT in the skip list

Hi,

I'm new to up2date and I have noticed some behavior I'm trying to understand.
When I for example do a up2date -d glibc. It downloads the glibc as well
teh glibc-common but not the corresponding glibc-devel. glibc is not
in my skip list . ALso, teh glibc-devel version installed is older than
the one on RHN. Can someone tell me why this happens.

ALso, How can I ask up2date to update only a certain package group,
say only the kernel or only the glibc packaages.

Thanks

DrD

2. webcam

3. SKIP for Linux and Sunscreen SKIP for W95

4. Red Hat problems with firewall

5. skipping /tmp when doing dump

6. Reading cache information

7. ldconfig: warning: /lib/libc.so.4.6.27 is not a ZMAGIC file, skipping

8. mke2fs on defective HDD

9. xmms (audio) skipping in 2.5 (not 2.4)

10. Slackware Install: Diskset A not found Skipping...????\

11. !!! ldconfig says 'not ZIMAGE skipping' !!!

12. xmms (audio) skipping in 2.5 (not 2.4)

13. ... is not a ZMAGIC file, skipping