linux binary with dpt driver would not boot

linux binary with dpt driver would not boot

Post by k.. » Sun, 04 Sep 1994 04:59:03

Following responses to my posting about Linux and dpt controllers, I got the
kernel image vmlinuz.eata.gz from tsx-11, from the directory :
/pub/linux/ALPHA/scsi

It seemed to recognise the disk and tape. But then, it crashed. The boot
messages were as follows :

        .
        .
        .
scsi : detected 1 SCSI tape 1 SCSI disk total
        .
        .
        .
Linux version 1.1.44   ...

Partition check :
        sda : sda1 sda3 sda4
SCSI disk request error : invalid device
ll-rw-block : only 1023968 - char blocks implemented (1024)

MINIX-fs : unable to read superblock
SCSI disk request error : invalid device
Kernel panic : No device passed to allocate_device()

I would really appreciate any help. Thanks.

Kurella Murty

1. PCI DPT 2024A/9X not recognized with boot disk

When I boot with a slackware (3.0) boot diskette contaning the driver for DPT/EATA PCI
controller (PM2024A/9x) the controller seemsto be  found but the message is
"HBA at 0x6010 didn't react on INQUIRY. Sorry.". I've tried with both scsinet1 and scsi boot
disk of the Slackware distribution.
I've a Pentium 133 with 32 Mb. The disk and ther CD-ROM connected to this controller are correctly
seen by WfW.
I can't install Linux due to this problem.
Does anybody knows how to solve this situation ?
many thanks and best regards
Paolo Galeazzi

2. Searching for module dependencies...

3. "ELF binary type not known" when running a Linux binary??

4. bash equivalent of "print -r --"?

5. M-Systems DOC binary driver compatible with Linux-MTD driver?

6. modem

7. DPT SmartRaid III and EATA driver difficulties with Linux 2.2.5

8. Odd Hard Drive Noises under Linux

9. Help : Linux fdisk does not recognise dpt 2019 ide disk controller

10. M-Sys DOC binary driver - not a module?

11. Apache served binaries files not recognised by browser as binary, but displayed

12. Help Linux will not boot off HD, but will boot of disk

13. Booting Linux *not from C:* with Win2000 bootmanager -- boot.ini