Graphics card for 3D, TV and Video capture?

Graphics card for 3D, TV and Video capture?

Post by jdmcdonn.. » Tue, 14 Sep 1999 04:00:00

I have followed the linux for video debate for some time without being
any wiser as to which video card to choose for the new PCs I am
building. Ditto for sound.

I want 16/32M AGP graphics with good 3D performance, a TV tuner (I guess
this needs a BT848 or similar), realtime video capture & playback (some
form of MPEG compression?). I don't need Linux support for the TV or
Video right away so long as it's in the pipeline. Am I expecting too
much from one card? Am I better off buying a graphics card and a
seperate TV/Video card - if so which?

I am aware that some graphics card manufacturers have been hostile, or
less than helpful, to the open source community and I would prefer not
to buy their products, given a choice.

Regarding sound cards, most of the advice I have received points to the
sound blaster awe64 or such. What of the SoundBlaster Live! value or
quality clones.

All advice gratefully received.

--
                                                                     ---
----

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

1. Graphics card for 3D, TV and Video capture?

I have follow the linux for video debate for some time without being any
[...]

2. Problem configuring X server

3. AGP video card, TV tuner and capture card

4. eth0 not automatically recognized

5. mutiple tv tuner cards and video capture cards, help needed

6. tclX7.4a-b3: sendmsg and struct msghdr missing

7. TV capture card without video card ?

8. jailing PHP in directories

9. mutiple tv tuner cards/video capture cards, newbie question

10. video capture and TV tuner card

11. TV Tuner/Video Capture cards that support Win2K or Linux?

12. Video Capture Card/TV Tuner

13. Linux Device Drivers for TV Video Capture Cards Listed in LhD