HSM on Linux

Post by Phil Steven » Sat, 19 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Does anyone know of a Hierarchical Storage Management (HSM)
application for Linux? I'm looking for something that scales to
multi-TB tape libraries, with intelligent prefetch and data migration.

Thanks,

Phil Stevens

HSM on Linux

Post by Todd A. Woo » Sat, 19 Dec 1998 04:00:00

> Does anyone know of a Hierarchical Storage Management (HSM)
> application for Linux? I'm looking for something that scales to
> multi-TB tape libraries, with intelligent prefetch and data migration.

> Thanks,

> Phil Stevens

IBM/Tivoli offers ADSTAR Distributed Storage Management (ADSM) V3 client
for Linux, unsupported of course.

ftp://index.storsys.ibm.com/adsm/nosuppt/adsmv3.linux.tar.Z

ADSM has HSM, but I doubt this version does.  I know on AIX, it has
hooks into the kernel/file system.

Todd.

1. HSM with linux???

Hi,

are there any people doing (or is it already there?) HSM (hierarchical
storage management) for Linux?
For those of you who don't know what's meant by this, it's the transparent
migration of 'old' files to slow devices like tapes or mo's, and also
the transparent demigration if the file is accesed again.

Konstantin
--

Otkerstr. 28, 81547 Muenchen, Germany. Tel +49 89 69370185
"Captain, this ship will not sustain the forming of the cosmos." B'Elana Torres

2. Help with dial in/out modem, please!

3. HSM hardware/software under Linux?

4. Linux Bootdisk HOWTO (part 1/2)

5. Unitree HSM on Linux

6. cat in inetd.conf

7. NLSM/HSM under Linux?

8. How to Recompile the Linux Kernel?

9. HSM for Linux?

10. HSM for Solaris

11. Advice : HSM and Backup Management Software

12. Vertitas NetBackup and HSM

13. HSM