Linux /bin/ps file

Post by Yanhong » Mon, 13 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Hi, I've a linux box running
linux 2.0.36

I accidentally deleted my /bin/ps file, can anybody point me a place
to get just the binary of this file?

Thanks a lot.

Linux /bin/ps file

Post by Michael Wan » Mon, 13 Dec 1999 04:00:00

> I accidentally deleted my /bin/ps file, can anybody point me a place
> to get just the binary of this file?

What about reinstalling the cooresponding package of your
distribution?

Greetings
Michael

Linux /bin/ps file

Post by Paul Kimo » Tue, 14 Dec 1999 04:00:00

> I accidentally deleted my /bin/ps file, can anybody point me a place
> to get just the binary of this file?

Which distribution are you running, and how did you install it?
The "ps" program is a part of the "procps" package; if you can
find that package, just (re)install it.

--

Linux /bin/ps file

Post by Anita Lew » Sat, 08 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I'm running RH6.0 and /bin/ps is part of the procps rpm package.

>Hi, I've a linux box running
>linux 2.0.36

>I accidentally deleted my /bin/ps file, can anybody point me a place
>to get just the binary of this file?

>Thanks a lot.

Linux /bin/ps file

Post by John Thompso » Sat, 08 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> Hi, I've a linux box running
> linux 2.0.36

> I accidentally deleted my /bin/ps file, can anybody point me a place
> to get just the binary of this file?

In RedHat (and probably other rpm-based distros like
Turbolinux, Mandrake, etc.) ps is in the procps package:

procps-2.0.4-2

--

1. weird automagic permission (700) change on /bin/ls, /bin/ps etc?

Hi, something "weird" happend yesterday...

"suddenly" did "something" change the permission on a couple of well
known binaries on my RH 8.0 system as /bin/ls /bin/ps etc to be of
mode 700.

After doing a: "find /bin /usr/bin /sbin -perm 700" I've got the
following result:

/bin/ls
/bin/netstat
/bin/df
/bin/ps
/bin/dmesg
/bin/login
/bin/find
/usr/bin/dir
/usr/bin/du
/usr/bin/vdir
/usr/bin/top
/usr/bin/killall
/usr/bin/pstree
/usr/bin/locate
/usr/bin/updatedb
/usr/bin/crontab
/usr/bin/iptraf
/usr/bin/rvnamed
/usr/bin/faxrunq
/sbin/ifconfig
/sbin/syslogd
/sbin/ipppd
/sbin/mgetty
/sbin/vgetty

I'm totally confused about this... Is there anybody who encountered
this or know anything about this behaviour?

To me it looks like the "system" thinks it's beeing cracked and tries
to "protect" itself. Because somewhere around the time for this, I did
some ssh/scp stuff...

I would appreciate any hints on this matter.

Thanks!

- Joachim

2. ppp -auto strange

3. relationship between /usr/bin/adb and /usr/bin/ps

4. Access by password or by IP

5. Wide "ps" listings using /bin/ps??

6. #9 I128

7. Odd behavior, /usr/bin/ps vs. /usr/ucb/ps

8. shutdown

9. /usr/bin, /usr/local/bin, /sbin or /opt/bin, /var/opt/bin - I'm confused.

10. /bin/mail corrupting .newmail file on PS/2 running AIX 1.2.1

11. want ps file that prints ps file then exits gs

12. adobe .ps vs .pdf files confusion: problems reading ".ps" documentation on redhat 5.2 linux

13. /usr/bin/ls and /usr/xpg4/bin/ls report different file attributes