Matrox Mystique driver status?

Post by Sriram Swaminaray » Sun, 12 Jan 1997 04:00:00

DOes anyone know whether Matrox released the information
required for the Mystique driver to XFree?

The web site 'http://www.bf.rmit.edu.au/~ajv/xf86-matrox.html'
only gives details about the Millenium driver and mentions
the Mystique driver as a late Jan/early Feb project.  But, the
site has not been updated since mid December.

Have there been any developments since?

Failing this, is it possible to use some other accelerated driver
for the Mystique?  or do I just have to run it as an unaccelerated
SVGA card?

--Sriram

Post by Guy DESBIE » Tue, 14 Jan 1997 04:00:00

> DOes anyone know whether Matrox released the information
> required for the Mystique driver to XFree?

At the moment we have required informations to Matrox in order to adapt
Millennium driver to Mystique one, but we have, as I know, no answers
from Matrox. It should be come soon...
You may consult following page

http://www.teaser.fr/~jlgailly/mystique.html

Jean Loup Gailly started XFree Mystique server after booting Win95.

Quote:> The web site 'http://www.bf.rmit.edu.au/~ajv/xf86-matrox.html'
> only gives details about the Millenium driver and mentions
> the Mystique driver as a late Jan/early Feb project.  But, the
> site has not been updated since mid December.

> Have there been any developments since?

Mga processor software should be approximatively same as millennium, so
a big part of Mystique driver is already developped.

Quote:

> Failing this, is it possible to use some other accelerated driver
> for the Mystique?  or do I just have to run it as an unaccelerated
> SVGA card?

I am afraid it won't work, but I did not try. If yo succeed, just please
let me know.

At the moment we just have to be patient.

Quote:

--

Guy DESBIEF                    |--------------------------|
880, Chemin des platrires     |                          |

13360 ROQUEVAIRE France        |                          |
Tel&Fax: (33) 04 42 04 00 33   |--------------------------|

Matrox Mystique driver status?

Post by Michael Knigh » Wed, 15 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Quote:

> DOes anyone know whether Matrox released the information
> required for the Mystique driver to XFree?

> The web site 'http://www.bf.rmit.edu.au/~ajv/xf86-matrox.html'
> only gives details about the Millenium driver and mentions
> the Mystique driver as a late Jan/early Feb project.  But, the
> site has not been updated since mid December.

> Have there been any developments since?

I'm sure one of the members of the development group can answer this if
they have time.....I haven't heard or read anything other than what you
mentioned above.

Quote:> Failing this, is it possible to use some other accelerated driver
> for the Mystique?  or do I just have to run it as an unaccelerated
> SVGA card?

You can use a commercial Xserver, but if you want Xfree86, you can only
use the VGA16 driver.  Thats 640x480 with 16 colors.  Thats what I use
right now.  I've heard of people getting 800x600 with 16 colors, but thats
the best I've heard of.

-Michael

Michael D. Knight             "Only AIRPOWER can                  |
Gulfstream Aerospace           defeat AIRPOWER,               ____O____
Georgia Tech Aerospace         and without it, all       x-----=[[.]]=-----x