file permissions.

Post by segmentationfaul » Thu, 14 Sep 2000 00:40:44

Hi and thanks for reading.
this is my problem:
I have 2 users,
user1.webgroup
user2.webgroup
and I have a directory in /home/html webuser.webgroup

what I want to do is every time someone sends a file in the /home/html
directory, I want to file permissions to become webuser.webgroup 0775.

How can I accomplish this?
thanks alot.
- pat.

file permissions.

Post by Stev » Thu, 14 Sep 2000 09:36:13

>Hi and thanks for reading.
>this is my problem:
>I have 2 users,
>user1.webgroup
>user2.webgroup
>and I have a directory in /home/html webuser.webgroup

>what I want to do is every time someone sends a file in the /home/html
>directory, I want to file permissions to become webuser.webgroup 0775.

Have a look at the security information in the apache docs, also the
info in httpd.conf.  You should find all you need there.

--
Cheers

%HAV-A-NICEDAY Error not enough coffee  0 pps.

web http://www.zeropps.uklinux.net/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

 12:52am  up 22 days,  5:05,  3 users,  load average: 1.22, 1.14, 1.12

file permissions.

Post by Jayasutha » Sun, 17 Sep 2000 09:39:41

Hi,

try working with crontab..

suthan

> Hi and thanks for reading.
> this is my problem:
> I have 2 users,
> user1.webgroup
> user2.webgroup
> and I have a directory in /home/html webuser.webgroup

> what I want to do is every time someone sends a file in the /home/html
> directory, I want to file permissions to become webuser.webgroup 0775.

> How can I accomplish this?
> thanks alot.
> - pat.

1. file permissions/permission execution

We are novice CGI users/scripters having problems with permission
executions for use in CGI forms.
The message we have been getting is as follows " FORBIDDEN you don't
have permission to access "......etc." on this server"
How do we remotely perform permission executions from a mac to a UNIX
server.
Than
Exchange ideas on practically anything (tm).

2. Netscape & Solaris 7

3. Newbie: Unix File Permissions on HTML files?

4. Linux Boot - X ABCD 1234 ???

5. Question about file permissions - sharing data files between multiple users

6. UNIX NEWBEE

7. file permissions & group membership when uploading files via FTP

8. OSR5 LDAP

9. mail problem: file permissions for lock file

10. Setting default file permissions on ftp'd files.

11. I get "file permissions deny server execution" on gif files in cgi-bin, why?

12. ftpd, default file permissions on creating a file on Solaris, SunOS 5.5.1

13. default file permissions for ftp'd files