Anyone running Informix 4GL/SE on Linux or FreeBSD?

Post by n.. » Tue, 12 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Subject: Re: Anyone running Informix 4GL/SE on Linux or FreeBSD?
Date: 11 Mar 1996 18:22:54 GMT

>NW> I've run Informix/SE in SCO emulation mode on my FreeBSD
>NW> box, but all
>NW> the binaries I'm using were developed/compiled under SCO
>NW> since none of
>NW> the free unices allow you to link against SCO libraries.
>NW> (That's a *tough* problem)

>Actually linking against SCO libraries is easy. The tough part is that
you
>need to *have* the SCO libraries.

Fair enough, but then you are basically creating a complete SCO
development setup on a FreeBSD box, which requires that you have a SCO
developement license in order to get all of the necessary libraries and
include files.  It's *much* easier just to install SCO on a separate
partition to do the development.

Quote:>Although for Informix 4GL you should be
>able to get away with a pretty basic libc and possibly a libnsl_s (TLI
>library) for newer Informix versions.

Plus all of the necessary include files and such.

Nate

--

Operations

of
work #: (406) 449-7662 | Montana.
home #: (406) 443-7063 | A fly pole and a 4x4 Chevy truck = Heaven on
Earth

1. Anyone running Informix 4GL/SE on Linux or FreeBSD?

I've run Informix/SE in SCO emulation mode on my FreeBSD box, but all
the binaries I'm using were developed/compiled under SCO since none of
the free unices allow you to link against SCO libraries.  (That's a
*tough* problem)

Nate

--

work #: (406) 449-7662 | Montana.
home #: (406) 443-7063 | A fly pole and a 4x4 Chevy truck = Heaven on Earth

2. SecureBSD

3. Informix-SE (Linux version) on FreeBSD

4. Unix Public Access Systems

5. informix databases (dbaaccess)(Informix-SE)

6. Changes to ide-cd for 2.4.1 are broken?

7. Will Informix SQL and SE version 4.10 for SCO run on OpenServer 5.0.5?

8. Linux/MIPS FAQ [1/1]

9. Informix 4Gl under linux link errors

10. Informix-4gl (SCO-Port) on Linux

11. Informix SQL (SCO) Has anyone gotten it to run on linux?

12. Informix-4GL, C, Unix and shell script programmers

13. Color-Problem with Informix-4GL 4.16.UC2