converting the rfc text file to HTML

Post by mrby » Wed, 21 May 2003 13:55:20

Hi,
   who can give me some advice on converting the rfc text
file to HTML file ? like:
   1. xxx .......................1
   1.1 yyy.......................5
   1.2 zzz.......................10
e.g: I can jump to page 10 easily by clicking the hyper text
link zzz
  Thank you!

Post by Dave Uhrin » Wed, 21 May 2003 14:15:26

> Hi,
>    who can give me some advice on converting the rfc text
> file to HTML file ? like:
>    1. xxx .......................1
>    1.1 yyy.......................5
>    1.2 zzz.......................10
> e.g: I can jump to page 10 easily by clicking the hyper text
> link zzz
>   Thank you!

Instead of trying to read that file in your warezed WinXP why don't you
simply use Linux and use less.

Post by mrby » Wed, 21 May 2003 15:30:41

> > Hi,
> >    who can give me some advice on converting the rfc text
> > file to HTML file ? like:
> >    1. xxx .......................1
> >    1.1 yyy.......................5
> >    1.2 zzz.......................10
> > e.g: I can jump to page 10 easily by clicking the hyper text
> > link zzz
> >   Thank you!

> Instead of trying to read that file in your warezed WinXP why don't you
> simply use Linux and use less.

How? e.g. jump to page 10 ? with less? Thank you!

Post by Dave Uhrin » Wed, 21 May 2003 15:38:41

>> Instead of trying to read that file in your warezed WinXP why don't you
>> simply use Linux and use less.
> How? e.g. jump to page 10 ? with less? Thank you!

No, you quit using Windows and read the file in Linux.

Post by mrby » Wed, 21 May 2003 15:51:31

> >> Instead of trying to read that file in your warezed WinXP why don't you
> >> simply use Linux and use less.
> > How? e.g. jump to page 10 ? with less? Thank you!

> No, you quit using Windows and read the file in Linux.

I am now telneting to a Linux box and reading it with:
$ less rfc3261.txt
But I still can't jump to page 10 *easily*, how?

Post by Peter T. Breue » Wed, 21 May 2003 17:36:08

>> > How? e.g. jump to page 10 ? with less? Thank you!

>> No, you quit using Windows and read the file in Linux.
> I am now telneting to a Linux box and reading it with:
> $ less rfc3261.txt
> But I still can't jump to page 10 *easily*, how?

What do you mean by a page? If you mean the 10th instance of "^L",
do the obvious / search. If you mean something that is ON page 10 (and
I think you do!), then go to it directly.

Peter

converting the rfc text file to HTML

Post by Bill Marcu » Wed, 21 May 2003 20:31:29

On Tue, 20 May 2003 00:15:26 -0500, Dave Uhring

> Instead of trying to read that file in your warezed WinXP why don't you
> simply use Linux and use less.

You can get less for Windows, or even in Notepad you can search for strings
in the text.  But OTOH, if you don't use Linux, why ask for help in a linux
newsgroup?  Going back to the original question, I'm pretty sure that a
search engine should find some site with the RFCs already in HTML form.

--
A herd of wild coffee mugs slumbers here.