How to test Motherboard Unable to Cache > 16 MB RAM ?

How to test Motherboard Unable to Cache > 16 MB RAM ?

Post by Liang Shing » Sun, 23 Jul 1995 04:00:00

I am looking around for a new motherboard.

I heard that there are motherboards which are unable to cache more than
16 MB RAM, thus make it slow when there are more than 16 MB of RAM
installed.

How could I test it?

L S Ng

1. >16 MB RAM setup

Hi,

Wonder if anyone can help me on this. I would like to set up 48 MB RAM on
my DX4-100 running linux 1.2.8. Is that possible. I have heard that using
more RAM can slow down your computer and perhaps hang it as well. How can
I set the system cache in line with this large memory setup? The PC will
be used to handle heavy resources (which is why I need large memory - I
tried 16 MB RAM before but it wasn't enough.

Please help and thanks.

Jeff

2. IWILL P55TV Cyrix P200+ with AHA2940?

3. > 16 MB Ram

4. Print Cost???

5. > 16 MB RAM

6. FORGOT MY PASSWORD!

7. X slows down with more ram (16 -> 32 mB)

8. in.named

9. Help : Compaq Prolinea and >16 MB Ram

10. >16 MB RAM recognition

11. Quick Question: 8mb -> 16 mb RAM. Performance?

12. X slows down with more ram (16 -> 32 mB)

13. Cirrus CL-5434 vid card, 16 MB RAM, and 16 bpp under X